MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 4.0 Public preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey!

Just curious on peoples opinions on the new public IPB preview site, version 4 looks pretty nifty.

Maybe it's the skin, but it looks so much more modern in comparison to 3 as well as clean.

There is nothing there that will really change my mind about moving to MyBB, I assume the cost will also go up, however would love your opinions out of curiosity. Do you like the look and feel? Reckon you'll buy it?

From my perspective most of it can be done with mods on MyBB

Anyhow you can view it over on there dev siteĀ http://zend.ipsdevserver.com/ips4/
To say the truth, I prefer MyBB 1.8.0 to Invision Power Board 4.0!
It sucks just like vBulletin 4.0!
(2014-08-25, 05:44 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]To say the truth, I prefer MyBB 1.8.0 to Invision Power Board 4.0!
It sucks just like vBulletin 4.0!

"It sucks", dear lord.... if you say something sucks at least be constructive
Never used IPB but 4.0 seems like a step backwards from 3.0 with some things. Design wise it only looks like minor changes along with a flat design trying to be more like vBulletin which also went downhill after the original developer sold it.
I'm sticking with MyBB. I've had vBulletin licenses before and I've sold them for cheap...and IPB isn't looking that great to work with anymore, to be fair about it.
It doesn't seem like any major advancement to me. It is simplified which is nice (and was needed) but it still looks like old outdatedness to me.

I would have at least expected the post editor to not be so embedded.
I've been following IPB4 for a while now. It has an alright style, I guess all forum software is going to head to that flat style look in next major releases :\. I would really like to see the framework or core they have talked so highly about.
Oh dear lord.
What is the deal with everything using rounded avatars nowadays? Square (or slightly rounded) corners everywhere and a circle avatar. Everywhere I've seen them they look out of place.
(2014-08-26, 07:43 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]What is the deal with everything using rounded avatars nowadays? Square (or slightly rounded) corners everywhere and a circle avatar. Everywhere I've seen them they look out of place.

Agreed, I much prefer solid corners rather than rounded, with the right theme avatars can look ok with circles.
Pages: 1 2