MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New project: ForumRankings.net testers needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, just built a new forum related project in the last week called http://www.forumrankings.net which ranks forums based on posts and now looking for MyBB testers to give it a try. Have a couple MyBB boards but need some more!  I was a big fan of big Boards back when it was around and haven't seen a good version of it since. Goal is to make an easy to use site that isn't a hassle to get ranked.

Currently what ForumRankings.net tracks is the following: Number of  Members, Post, Rank based on posts, and some other stats. Just added MyBB forum software but very soon will be adding most of the major forum software.  All ranking reports are generated once a day. Will be interesting to see once we have enough data on all different forum types to see the daily changes and will allow forum owners to see their forum growth over time.

So again what I am looking for is testers/forum owners to submit their site let me know of any issues or improvements that can be made and I have little bonus incentive for you as well. Running contest for any forum that is verified will be doing a drawing for the winner:
Prizes include giving away a free version of some of my MyBB paid plugins and other software. Such as  ezGallery Pro for more details check the contest page on the website after you login/register.

Items/features still under development:
-Forum Rank Badges to display on your sites/signatures (2nd priority)
-Forum network creation
-Support more forum software (1st priority) Probably in the order of (phpBB,Xenforo,VBulletin,IPB)
-More charts and viewing historical data.
-Forum searching

Please test out http://www.forumrankings.net  and let me know of any improvements/bugs/feature requests that you would like.
Right off the bat the theme could use a lot of work Wink (I recognize the bootstrap admin template being used), but it isn't suitable for a frontend imho

Looks simple, but I would add an easier method for guests to at least submit a site (and use antispam measures to remove unwanted entries)

Good effort so far, good luck
site owners should be able to check the essential stats from their own site ..
(2014-08-28, 05:41 AM)Jitendra M Wrote: [ -> ]Right off the bat the theme could use a lot of work Wink (I recognize the bootstrap admin template being used), but it isn't suitable for a frontend imho

Looks simple, but I would add an easier method for guests to at least submit a site (and use antispam measures to remove unwanted entries)

Good effort so far, good luck
Yup it is bootstrap admin template. I am not much of a designer myself I do like those templates since they have the UI widgets/elements defined already and responsive out of the box.

The guest part for submission would be a little tricky since requires a script to be downloaded placed on their forum to track the stats.

(2014-08-28, 06:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]site owners should be able to check the essential stats from their own site ..
They can but it is more of a comparison system to see how they compare to other sites.
I see that you're linking to external websites without any nofollow attribute Big Grin
Yup you should get rankings too. The site functions as a mini directory as well.
(2014-08-28, 11:58 AM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not much of a designer myself

Need a designer?
I'll be sure to submit my sites in there.
(2014-08-29, 06:06 AM)Zack Magee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-28, 11:58 AM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not much of a designer myself

Need a designer?

Possibly in the future. Want to see how many use it.
Or if I need to tweak how it functions
Not a bad project you have going Smile. I'm happy to see a replacement Big Boards. I've added a few forums.
Pages: 1 2