MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Secuirty pin and forget pass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've updated mybb 1.6 to v1.8 and i read that it's required to disable plugins before update but
i forgot and updatd w/o diabling plugins. Security Pin plugin was also included. i updated and
saved the previous Security pin without changing. Now security pin isn't working. And if i reset
password the confirmation mail shows nothing and it's blank. Any solution for this?
i had same issue my security pin was my username password usual one try it if not

./inc/config.php
And see the value of $config['secret_pin']
The username/email and password combination you entered is invalid. Sad
i cant forget pass to the mail showing blank
can you not login to contron panel (webhosting control panel) ?
i can login to web hosting cpanel
well from cpanel you go to files and open up ./inc/config.php
And see the value of $config['secret_pin'] thats your pin/password that you need for both login and that new pin system of 1.8
Do you have a database backup of 1.6? I suggest Re-do the upgrade process. The admin pin data can be changed in inc/config.php.
na i dont have backup

check this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /home2/*******/public_html/admin/modules/downloads/module_meta.php on line 33
(2014-09-02, 08:18 AM)Klevron Wrote: [ -> ]na i dont have backup

check this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /home2/*******/public_html/admin/modules/downloads/module_meta.php on line 33

The error is caused due to a plugin which you had on MyBB 1.6. Not all 1.6 plugins work on 1.8.

adept what i have to do now? for fix

any one help me pleaze i cant login to my control panel help plz
Pages: 1 2