MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop upgrading to new versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now don't get me wrong I'm a diehard myBB fan this is my very first choice over any BB Software paid or free I'm a myBB fan boy that said I like to advice all the people who are eager to upgrade to the newer version of myBB to halt for a while.

MyBB team is grate team but when software comes out of test phase it needs time to settle it self down with error fixing, security issues and most of all compatibility issues. I've seen lot of armatures upgrading to the new version ASA it comes out of the oven and floods the support forum with help threads.

As the MyBB team has stated some changes have been done and even themes have issue fitting to he new version the 1.8 jump is a major version jump so they will be issues.

So hold your horses and wait for big boys to finish up with the last wrinkles on the board then upgrade may be 1.8.1 at that time themes, plugins and other stuff might have caught up with the new version.

New is good but give time to settle down. Also have a question to the MyBB team why do you guys have change the whole thing could have jumped versions with the current stuff intact right.
It's their personal choice not yours.
(2014-09-03, 07:48 AM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]New is good but give time to settle down. Also have a question to the MyBB team why do you guys have change the whole thing could have jumped versions with the current stuff intact right.

Oh my! When you hear about what would happen in 2.0!
(2014-09-03, 11:42 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-03, 07:48 AM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]New is good but give time to settle down. Also have a question to the MyBB team why do you guys have change the whole thing could have jumped versions with the current stuff intact right.

Oh my! When you hear about what would happen in 2.0!

I don't even understand the comment, a major point release is obviously going to have fairly large changes, but fundamentally 1.8 is the same as 1.6.
Change something (hence another major version), but "leave current stuff intact". Where is the logic..?
MyBB 1.8 a lot more intact than it could have, particularly for plugins. Themes will have to be redone, but a lot of the improvements made in 1.8 would not be possible if that weren't the case.
Mybb 1.8 is a lot better than mybb 1.6 for many reasons. Performance is a major one.

If people don't upgrade, no one will report bugs to be fixed, no one will give nice suggestions to improve upon the design, and no one will write plugins to enhance it with nice features.

SO UPGRADE ALREADY!!!

:p
I love the new look of MyBB. I'm glad about the whole changes, But like @Adept has said. It's their personal choice, not yours.
Yeah I know new is gr8 m8 new is very good I was not saying you ppl the people who know what they are doing to stop or any thing they're the people who always keep free software going I was targeting the new people most of them don't know what they're doing and get things messed up that's why I said to give it a bit of time.

Seems like some of you have taken it the wrong way.

I think I might have mixed up the major and minor version any way in any coding no too techi people need to give it a bit of time to settle it self down.

And yes it's not my choice to tell them to stop or not I was just giving them think before leaping blindly and messing up their forums after upgrading.

I don't think I'm not saying anything wrong and keep in mind I'm not addressing the big boys as mentioned in my first post.
The very same issues you are warning of will never be fixed if people don't use the software. I'm not ready for 1.8 yet (and maybe never will be?) but I appreciate the work that people are doing in installing it early.
Pages: 1 2 3 4