MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need to downgrade to 1.6.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This has fixed the issue, thanks, but now i have broken images on my theme for clasping the forum category

EDIT: nvm i fixed this, issue solved
(2014-09-04, 08:56 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]This has fixed the issue, thanks, but now i have broken images on my theme for clasping the forum category

EDIT: nvm i fixed this, issue solved

Glad your board is up and running Big Grin
i just restored backup like this:

- backed up current mysql from mybb admin
- comressed all public_html contents via hosting account file manager into .zip

- clicked .zip file with all files before upgrade and extracted into public_html overwriting all existing files
- restored mysql bakcup that i made before upgrade

(the upgrade/downgrade was for me 5 hours time, so i did not lost any user content in mysql)
(2014-09-04, 08:55 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-04, 08:47 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to rename your existing tables before you can restore a backup that contains tables with the same names. (like rename mybb_* to botched_mybb_*).

If anything goes wrong afterwards you can just rename them back.

If you decide to drop them, make a backup of them first just in case...

Good point, I just assumed he doesn't care about the modifications he brought to his board when he upgraded Smile

i want mybb 1.6 back too 1.8 has wrecked my site half the mods wont work ive lost the pro portal and the editor is now a total mess with the smiles everywhere
Same here.. I didn't read much into 1.8 before merging from vBulletin 4.2.2 and now I'm stuck with a board with bugs -.- Spent 5 days and still not done fixing..

Any way to downgrade without a 1.6 database..?
Pages: 1 2 3