MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: aditional usergroups permissions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Other users and me have the same issue on our forums, but all of we upgrade since 1.6.x series.

When you have some forums with permissions to see only a centain users, you can not enter if you are on additional usergroup lists, at moment is the only issue we have, but we found some other minor errors can fix without core edits, i appreciate it if this can be reviewed.

Thanks.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-159775.html
Having the same issue.

Quote:How can I make a forum visible to a user when his primary groupd doesn't have access to the forum.
Per example:
A user has "registered" as his primary group and "auteur" as an extra group.
Now I have a forum called "Auteur's are".
Which i edited the permissions, to not show to the group "registered".
But now, it also doesn't show up for members with the extra group "auteur".
For which i set the permissions to view the forum.

Help!
Having same issues as well :/
Is there some kind of workaround to get around this issue?
My forum member can't see some protected forums anymore.
You could give the Custom Permissions Plugin by Matt a try and just change the compatibility. I can't guarantee if it will work though.
That's a plugin to give permissions to specific users, not to a group unfortunatly.
Using that plugin would be giving so much work, it's not even funny anymore Toungue

But tested the plugin, and you can give a user permissions to show a forum but it won't show any threads in that forum.
So not fully compatible with 1.8. 
Why a plugin ? It suposes MyBB do it by itself with additiinal usergroups if this wont work what is the purpose of this option?

Im searching and do not find where you load forumpermissions? But instead that ever appears the message of account waiting activation every time and that is a unnecesary info to load. But besides that maybe cab fix this bug.
I did find where the permissions are loaded, it's in inc/functions.php abd i compared the code to 1.6.15 which isn't different, so there's probably something else wrong.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1470

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Excuse me.

I have 1.8.3 and this issue is not fixed.

I had forum's permissions set with "only view and post to own threads".
If I'm admin (primary group) and no additional group, the forum works fine.
But, if I added to my profile an additional group with less permissions and... well, I can't view the forum fine.

Why?

This is OK? It is a normal behavior?
Pages: 1 2