MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why YOU should LOVE 1.8 and expect a bright future for it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I've been seeing a lot of negativity around the forum, especially since 1.8 came out and the majority of plugins and themes haven't been upgraded yet.

I felt like I should make a thread to explain to you guys why you should LOVE this new version, and expect a very bright future in terms of plugins, themes and support for it.

1. Natively supports jQuery
[Image: Image119.png]

jQuery has already a very large repository of plugins, with millions of people supporting it, so now you could expect to see more and more plugins using this functionality, and integrating many cool features.

2. Admin CP PIN
Enhancing security, now even brute-forcing against the admin's password and succeeding at it, won't let you automatically access the Admin CP, but that doesn't mean you should choose weaker and weaker passwords Big Grin

3. Contact page
A more professional way to get in touch with your visitors, forget about the old-fashion "Contact Forum".

4. Soft Deletion for threads
We've all been complaining about our threads going to the afterlife once someone hits the "Delete" button, now you can resurrect them back to life in a click.

5. WYSIWYG

[Image: 637634Capture.png]

Do you remember how you used to make tutorials for your members to teach them how to surround a sentence by [ b ] and [ /b ] to make it look bolded? Forget about that, the new editor slays.

6. Report Center
Did you notice that you can't report something that has already been reported anymore?

7. Quick reply in PM
You've gotta check that out, no need to click a button to reply to a PM.

Among other features such as native Signup Questions support, new theme, Gravatar integration, Goodbye Spammer native support, Buddy system enhancement and other things.

So long MyBB 1.6, you won't be missed. 
[Image: smiley-2-296131.gif]
Why YOU should LOVE 1.8 - Cos its good and its step forward.
Don't forget minor improvements such as the default avatar and quick theme selector functionality. Might be minor improvements, but it saves a lot of forums from having to install extra plugins.
(2014-09-05, 04:22 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget minor improvements such as the default avatar and quick theme selector functionality. Might be minor improvements, but it saves a lot of forums from having to install extra plugins.

So true Big Grin
Because is simply awesome! Smile
Great thread.
Edit reason!

And because now we can look forward to 2.0!
And modals. Way better than having to open another window.
It's been a while since I've been around activley but I must say that 1.8 is looking very promising, and I can't wait to see what some plugin developers do with it.
Why you should love it? Because free never tasted so good. 'Nuff said.
Pages: 1 2