MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to access admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The administrator of our forum has passed away. I am taking the reigns but do not have his passwords. I need to login to the forum admin. How do I get the user name and password for this? http://bwsvw.org/forum/index.php .
Alternately is there another way of assuming the admin?
do you have an announcement in that forum that the main admin passed away ?

don't you have co-admins / any other admins ? how you deal with the web host ?

do you have access to files & the database ?
Yes, there is a posting in the forum as to Bill's passing away.
Bill was the only one that was an admin. He was a one man show. I've contacted the family and they don't know where he would have kept the passwords etc.
I have assumed ownership of the webhost, is that what you mean by database?
^ yes, web host login is required to access database.
your membership group can be changed there to gain access to the admin panel

see SQL queries and how to run them

below SQL query helps in gaining admin panel access for user with ID = x (x is a numeral)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'x' 
(2014-09-09, 05:50 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, web host login is required to access database.
your membership group can be changed there to gain access to the admin panel

see SQL queries and how to run them

below SQL query helps in gaining admin panel access for user with ID = x (x is a numeral)

Huh? Can you explain this differently?
Do you have access to the hosting control panel ?

If not you'll have to contact his host , they may consider giving you access , depending on what you can answer to them.
(2014-09-09, 06:13 PM)TheDevil Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have access to the hosting control panel ?

If not you'll have to contact his host , they may consider giving you access , depending on what you can answer to them.

I have access to the web host and databases and control panel.
You need to figure out your uid. This can be found by going to the memberlist and finding your account and hover/click on it and you'll see in the url "member.php?action=profile&uid=1". Where instead of the 1 it would be your uid. Go into the database through the host control panel. Click on the SQL tab and run the sql code below while replacing the x with your uid.

(2014-09-09, 06:47 PM)zamight Wrote: [ -> ]You need to figure out your uid. This can be found by going to the memberlist and finding your account and hover/click on it and you'll see in the url "member.php?action=profile&uid=1". Where instead of the 1 it would be your uid. Go into the database through the host control panel. Click on the SQL tab and run the sql code below while replacing the x with your uid.

Once I figure out what you told me, what does this do for me? This will give me access to the forum admin? Using my name and password?
Or, if you have FTP access, you can add yourself to the super admin list, which will allow you to visit ACP regardless of your group.

Open inc/config.php and change:
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
or something similar to:
$config['super_admins'] = '1,X';
where X is your UID. Check @zamight's reply to see how to figure this number out.

Note: that only applies for MyBB 1.6.14+, not sure if you're using 1.8 considering one of your other threads posted recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5