MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok, the problem it is version of MyBB, i have MyBB 1.8.7.
Thanks.
How can I change the size limit?
(2018-03-11, 06:51 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]How can I change the size limit?

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Edit Group -> Miscellaneous -> Under Profile Picture, find Maximum Dimensions.
(2018-03-11, 11:02 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-11, 06:51 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]How can I change the size limit?

Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Edit Group -> Miscellaneous -> Under Profile Picture, find Maximum Dimensions.

Okay got that, now another thing.

So I'm trying to use this for Profile Banner Images, size is about 1088x315 and I want to use that size for profile pictures so I've changed it.

But I don't think I'm placing the variable properly for it to show. Here's what's in my member_profile template:

<div id="profile-header-right" style="width: 100%;background: #040303;background-size: 102%;margin-left: 5px;border: 1px solid #2a2a2a;display: flex;">
	{$profilepicture}
<div id="profile-header-bottom" style="margin-top: auto; padding: 10px; border-top: 1px solid rgb(37, 37, 37); background: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); width: 100%;">
{$formattedname}<br/>{$usertitle}
</div>

How can I get the profile picture image to cover the entire header image box but not make any conflict with the header-bottom bar?
@StarPaul20

I cannot see in UCP a navigation to Profile picture on the left side of the page.

I can see ACP settings etc, so maybe a template issue - please can you tell me what template needs to be modified? I use PHP 7.3.3 with MyBB 1.8.20.

Thank you!
Did you check to see if the variable is in the template? (look for <!-- profilepicture --> in usercp_nav_profile)
(2019-04-08, 04:15 AM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check to see if the variable is in the template? (look for <!-- profilepicture --> in usercp_nav_profile)

Yes, that did the trick. I am sorry, I missed that during update. Thank you!
Plugin has been updated to 1.4.

- Added check to see if THIS_SCRIPT is defined
- Fixed PHP 8.0 errors
- Use require_once for template updates

If you're updating from any previous version, you must first deactivate the plugin (do not install), upload all new files and reactivate.
I think I'm having the same problem that Eldenroot had where the link to edit your profile picture doesn't show up in the User CP navigation but it seems that the <!-- profilepicture --> variable is there in my case in the usercp_nav_profile template and everything else is working just fine. In fact, I can actually get to the profile picture page if I type in the URL but I simply don't have a link on the User CP navigation panel for some weird reason.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? I appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I was able to figure it out on my own. Apparently, for whatever crazy reason, my theme wasn't using the template set where the <!-- profilepicture --> variable was set. Once I resaved it with those templates set for it though it cleared up the problem.
Is there a way to rename some of the functions/plugin itself to have to almost duplicate but instead it allows users to upload and display the image in the postbit area instead of the memprofile? I've gotten it to work to where users can change it and display as a Profile Cover, however I'm having issues trying to somewhat duplicate the plugin and have it so that users can upload an image and it to display in the postbit.

[ Updated ] I was able to get the image after uploading to get put into the post bit area, however after a user changes/uploads an image, the usercp area for the duplicate plugin goes to a white screen. You can access the site & everything however its just the part in the usercp for the Postbit Cover change (aka duplicate plugin but renamed) goes full white screen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6