MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Activate, ban etc new users in Dashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi - 

Since 1.8 we have this issue consistently with Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac OS and PC. When logging into Home/Dashboard to administer new users, the Options button is dead. Using the combo box/button combination to activate/ban new users, the browser refreshes with the user page and a comment in red stating that no user was selected although all checkboxes were ticked. Same results after cleaning caches, etc.
TIA
can we have your forum url ?
Sure - here it is:

http://forum.rogame.com
code in templates need updating
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Never installed any templates seeing how much trouble they cause. so that's not it. I would post screenshots, but MyBB still doesn't support that unfortunately.
What Mr M is saying is this
you need to revert changes to templates for them to work
or you can see the report and work on issues individually.
or you can simply install a new theme
Thanks for helping out. The Find Updated Templates section lists around 50 of these in three groups: Default Templates, The Cure Templates, 2.0_Inspired Templates. Since the 1.8 upgrade killed all Options and similar buttons (Run script: ";" - i.e. doesn't exist), the only thing I can do here is edit the code of these directly by clicking the hyperlinks. BTW: The popup menus in the code editor don't work either.
Cure is not a mybb 1.8 theme . It will need a lot of work . 1.8 has some amazing themes. i'd say way better than cure
Cure was installed at some point but the theme has been set to default a while ago. So I guess the 1.8 update then killed our installation. What do people do when that happens? Reinstall a fresh copy and start with a backup?
your forum url please?
Pages: 1 2