MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: color.css missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

For some reason my forum is missing all of the color.css !

color_back.css
color_calm.css
color_dawn.css

And so on. They are all missing.

Can anyone help?
check if this method helps
(2014-09-06, 11:53 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Create New Theme -> set Parent Theme to MyBB Master Style and confirm
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Add Set with any name and confirm

Then open the theme you created earlier and change the Template Set to the template set you created too.

This will recreate the default theme.
if newly created theme consists of the color style sheets then you can switch to it
or manually copy the color style sheets to earlier default theme of MyBB
(2014-09-14, 04:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check if this method helps

(2014-09-06, 11:53 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Create New Theme -> set Parent Theme to MyBB Master Style and confirm
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Add Set with any name and confirm

Then open the theme you created earlier and change the Template Set to the template set you created too.

This will recreate the default theme.
if newly created theme consists of the color style sheets then you can switch to it
or manually copy the color style sheets to earlier default theme of MyBB

Thanks for your help .m.

I followed your instructions to the letter but no joy!
Please provide temporary ACP access in PM.
(2014-09-14, 07:33 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide temporary ACP access in PM.

Thanks Destroy but I would prefer to try and work through this.

I have a feeling the issue might be due to heavy customization of my 1.6.15 install before the upgrade to 1.8

What about backing up my database, plus my settings & config.php files. Then doing a fresh install & importing my database back in plus my settings & config.php files

Would that help or is it likely the fault might be within the database ?

By the way I have a second 'fresh' install for another site on the same server and its 100% spot on.
Recreating the default theme that way has never added the color CSS for me. It just has the default color. 

The fault is in your database because stylesheets are contained within the database.  

I am going to attach the css for each of the colors(I believe this is correct for each one).  You should be able to manually add them back to your theme.  
(2014-09-15, 02:29 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Recreating the default theme that way has never added the color CSS for me. It just has the default color. 

The fault is in your database because stylesheets are contained within the database.  

I am going to attach the css for each of the colors(I believe this is correct for each one).  You should be able to manually add them back to your theme.  

HolyPhoenix I really appreciate this - Thanks.

I am a little unsure how to manually add these.
Download the one you wish to add and open it in a text editor on your computer. If you are on Windows Notepad++ is the best one.

Hit ctrl+a to highlight everything, and ctrl+c to copy it.

Go into the admin panel on mybb and go to the default theme. Go to the "Add Stylesheet" tab. For filename put the name of the css your going to copy in. An example would be color_black.css for the black one. Change the radio button for the content source to "write my own content." You should now see an editor appear. click in the text area of the editor and hit ctrl+v to paste in the content. Then hit "Save Stylesheet"

This will re-add the stylesheet to your theme. Unfortunately there is no way to just import the file... Sad That would probably be a good feature suggestion.

Edit: Oh, and make sure that under the "Attached To" section you hit "Specific Color" and tell it which color that one belongs to.
Ok I have color_black.css in the list however the 'Manage Colors' box is empty ?
You can also try importing the install/resources/mybb_theme.xml from 1.8 package in ACP. This surely creates color stylesheets and Manage Colors should be filled too.

EDIT: never mind, forgot that the default theme uses another file for the stylesheets for some reason.
Pages: 1 2