MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyLikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This was more a test to see whether my thoughts worked, but as they do I plan to release this plugin sometime soon.

A test version (which works already) is available on GitHub.

This plugin works mostly with template edits as it uses MyBB's rating system instead of adding another new system. The "Rep" button in the postbit is replaced with a "Like" button which adds a "+1" reputation to that post. The like counter counts all reputations for that post. So it's possible to install/uninstall the plugin without loosing likes/reputations.

The main problems atm is the missing error handling and permission checks. Permissions will simply use the MyBB default ones for reputations (only the check is missing), the error handling needs some tweaks as the reputation system expects a modal and returns html, while the plugin needs only the message.

Feel free to test and suggest features.
Excellent! Keep good work, I am waiting for this feature!
This is a much needed overhaul of MyBB's built in reputation system. I'll be sure to test it out when I get a chance.
Features:
Just make it really easy to use - something like Thank you/like mod - just click on the button (Thanks/like) and thats all. Under the post show how many likes this post has got. (something like google+ - just 10+)

Maybe relocated the button to the right and make it more visible.
Wow, I was going to try and achieve the exact same thing. Now I suppose I won't need to. :p

Awesome, I can't wait for you to release (ok I can its just an expression).
- is possible to show who liked the post when you hover on the counter?
- add like counter into postbin template under post counts + add it into profile (likes given/received)
- add allow to remove the like (on/off in setting)
(2014-09-18, 06:33 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Features:
Just make it really easy to use - something like Thank you/like mod - just click on the button (Thanks/like) and thats all. Under the post show how many likes this post has got. (something like google+ - just 10+)
That's how it works

(2014-09-18, 06:33 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe relocated the button to the right and make it more visible.
That's up to the admin - it's a really simple edit

(2014-09-18, 06:50 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]- is possible to show who liked the post when you hover on the counter?
You can click the counter and a modal shows all users

(2014-09-18, 06:50 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]- add like counter into postbin template under post counts + add it into profile (likes given/received)
I'm not sure whether it needs to be in the profile as it's already added to the rep count. Probably in a later release

(2014-09-18, 06:50 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]- add allow to remove the like (on/off in setting)
As said: It'll use the default mybb rating permissions.
Hmm, we will see when it will be in final Wink keep good job!
I'm impressed to the lack of attention such a core feature has gotten so far. I even forgot it was there in the first place.

I tested it and even when I rated 5s a thread (i tried less than 5 and thought that was the issue) it didn't show any likes.
Likely a permission issue - as said the error handling is missing.
Pages: 1 2 3