MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sideboxes problem bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have looked at other forums linked in here, and they have the same problem as I.

In portal, sideboxes. Users online have no <a href, so it's not linking to online.php.

Latest thread
The link to the thread works, but link to specific forum is wrong
example

This is as test (thread)
Forum: test
User: Admin

Where "test" is going to a kinda random thread and not forum.

And when going to latest thread, users is forwarded to the start of the thread, and not to latest post.

Any solutions for this probs?

Here a pic from http://community.mybb.com/portal.php to show what I mean.
"wrong link" go to link above and press the link, you'll not end op at the forum General Support

[attachment=32646]
Hey,

as for making the "Who's online" a link, go to your ACP > Templates > Portal Templates > portal_whosonline and change the following line:
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->online}</strong></td>
to
<td class="thead"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/online.php<strong>{$lang->online}</strong></a></td>

The second problem is located in portal_latestthreads_thread: {$thread['forumlink']} points to a thread instead of a forum. I have looked into the php files and noticed that the bug is located in portal.php. In order to fix it, open portal.php and go to line 391. It should be:
$thread['forumlink'] = get_thread_link($thread['fid']);

The correct code should be this:
$thread['forumlink'] = get_forum_link($thread['fid']);

Hope that helps! Smile
Thanks. The first one did not work, something wrong in the code...Can you plz verify the code
^ there is a simple typo (typing mistake). actual link should be like this
<td class="thead"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/online.php"><strong>{$lang->online}</strong></a></td>
Thanks both Smile