MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can Anyone Help Me With Upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i am currently running 1.6
www.braindirector.com/forum
and i need to upgrade to the latest version of mybb 1.8.
Can anyone from the support team help me upgrade my forum?
1. Have you verified your theme has been updated to support 1.8? If not, have you found another 1.8 compatible theme you would like to use?

2. Does your hosting provider offer Softaculous? If so, you could upgrade through that.

If not, update this thread and I'll be happy to help you out.
My provider offers softaclulous. But i did not install the theme via softaculous.
How can i upgrade ?
And the theme? No. i am not that great with mybb templates and i knew i'd would mess up so i came here. I need someone who knows it well and can do it on my forum. If you can help me with this, i shall be thankful
If you follow the Upgrade Guide you should be able to do this on your own. Just backup your files and database first!

If you have specific issues after the upgrade, for example template issues, post them here and you'll get assistance.
With due respect Mr Lennart Sauter, i am able to upgrade but when i upgrade the default themes comes across as weird so i was requesting someone's help. I wanted it to be as quick as possible as i have my SEM ads running. So i was looking for someone who could do it within half an hour max.
If the default theme is weird, you'll have to revert the templates as written in the upgrade guide:
Quote: Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.
You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
after reverting the changes, default mybb 1.8 theme will be fine?
It should be fine then, yes. Because if you revert all changes it's just that - the default theme Smile
You should have trusted me when i said i needed someone who could do it for me. I upgraded, reverted all files, index page was ok hen but forum view and post view pages were so weird. Could not find any other updated template. So had to delete it all and restored the old back. Back on square one again. So can anyone help me upgrade my forum from 1.6 to 1.8 ?

Messed up with ssl too so that took me another half hour to fix insecure content.
^ upgraded forum should work fine on MyBB 1.8 stock theme.
if your forum's current theme needs to be used then updating it can take good amount of time.
And that happens to be a paid work !

instead, you can install a good looking theme compatible for MyBB 1.8
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

OR you can follow this guidance => basic 1.6 to 1.8 Theme upgrading
Pages: 1 2