MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing working since 1.8 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay I upgraded to 1.8 a couple of days ago and since that time, nothing related to javascript is working,
the edit button is not working, the options expanders are not working the ACP. 
I've tried disabling all the plugins I'm using but to no avail, please help ASAP. 
http://funforums.net 

I can't even change the theme because the options panel is not working in the themes control. 

Test account:
Username: testing
pword: 123456789
I imagine that probably is a theme issue, most likely a prototype/jquery conflict of some sort. If changing it doesn't work from the user CP, have you tried changing it directly from the admin CP? Maybe that should help you get around some of the broken javascript on the front end.
The control option expand was not working in the ACP, but I tried changing the theme from UCP and it did change but now I see this when I change to the Square theme,
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 331 - File: global.php PHP 5.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 331 errorHandler->error
/usercp.php 31 require_once

and the header looks messy when I changed to default theme, you can check that with the test account.
But the problem remains, I cannot change via ACP cause it needs a javascript expander there in the theme controls.
if forum is upgraded to MyBB 1.8 then jQuery.js should be loaded and minified jQuery should be removed.
prototype java script is not used in MyBB 1.8

below code from headerinclude template is incorrect
<script type="text/javascript" src="images/http://funforums.net/images/Simplicity/js/jkoutlinemenu.js"></script></script>

templates need updating after upgrading forum to MyBB 1.8
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Thank you very much for replying M, but when I go to Find Updated Templates, I can do nothing as when I click on Options nothing happens because it is javascript, which is not working.
And how do I correct the code in headerinclude?
And how do I load the jQuery.js and remove minified jQuery?
^ you can follow first suggestion provided here to add a new default theme and switch to it by forcing it on all users.
that should work fine and then you should be able to adjust codes in the other themes

or you can add a compatible theme for MyBB 1.8 and switch to it
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
Okay I've created the new default theme and when applied from UCP I see this on top of the page
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 331 - File: global.php PHP 5.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 331 errorHandler->error
/usercp.php 31 require_once

It happened also when I applied the Square them from MyBB free themes. You can check it with the test account if you change the theme from UCP to NEW or Square.
Now what should I do?

Edit: The option menu is still not working in the ACP, when I click on option in Theme or in Members, nothing happens, no drop down occurs which is supposed to.
^ those warnings looks like incompatibility with php version 5.4.33
you can simply ignore such warnings - no harm is done

admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Server and Optimization Options >> Error Type Medium --> select Errors and save settings

Edit:
if you can wait for some time, you can PM me temporary access to admin panel to check the issues.
Thanks, I've sent you admin details in the PM.
I did changed Error Type Medium to Errors but still the following line is showing on top
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
And Secondly, no CSS is working the site is appearing plane white with clustered menus. So I don't know what is causing that. You can check this if you change the theme to NEW or Square.
^ now you should be able to find the updated templates and modify the codes for required themes
Pages: 1 2