MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookies Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I cannot login to my friends forum bmestudioz.com/community/. I login, and it shows me as logged out all the time. I can't post, edit posts, or do anything a normal member can. I have the cookie settings set below:

Cookie Domain: .bmestudioz.com
Cookie Path: /community/

I tried everything. And everything involves leaving it blank, adding the single "/" instead of "/community/", I tried leaving the cookie domain blank as well. I even removed the dot. BrandMan211 and I really need support with this.
The myBB version we currently use right now is version 1.2.2, and our mySQL version is 4.1.20, and the PHP version we have is PHP 4. Help is highly appreciated. Thank you!
Yes please help us, we've been trying to figure this out for a long time.
Make sure your domain isn't set to be at "domain forwarding" or "masking". Either of those can screw up cookies.
It's currently set at www.bmestudioz.com - change it back to .bmestudioz.com

Clear your cookies after it has been changed to delete any conflicting ones.

If it still does not work, check if you have any firewall programs such as Norton Internet Security or Zone Alarm running and if you do, try disabling it temporarily to see if it makes a difference.

Do other members have this problem too?
Yes, everybody has this problem for a long time. And it isn't set for forwarding or masking. I configure manually using Webmin... And it still won't work, and I did what you guys instructed.
Did you read whay Chris has said? let us have some answers for his questions.

Also i had a look at your cookies settings.. they are as follows

Quote:var cookieDomain = ".bmestudioz.com";
var cookiePath = "/";

This wont work.. the path should be /community/
That didn't work, so we tried that. We believe it is an interference based on some of the files.
Do you have any modifications/plugins installed?
Yes, this is what I believe is troubling it, but it wasn't like this until recently. I'll set you as Administrator for a secondary user group so you can check it out.
Plugins disabled, and nothing. :/;
Pages: 1 2 3