MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tell me about Google SEO plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-11-02, 08:07 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ]The same place you'd changed it from in the SEO plugin. Every plugins includes the options :-)
- I can post you a guide if you still wonder :-)

Please do. There is only one file to upload in "plugin library" and I cannot locate the line to make it compatible with 1.8.1

Also, I am reading that I needed to create a .htaccess file after installing google SEO and upload that to my main directory. I did not do this step. What do you know about this?

http://letsforum.com/Thread-MyBB-SEO-Gui...ndly-Forum
function pluginlibrary_info()
{
    return array(
        "name"          => "PluginLibrary",
        "description"   => "A collection of useful functions for other plugins.",
        "website"       => "http://mods.mybb.com/view/pluginlibrary",
        "author"        => "Andreas Klauer",
        "authorsite"    => "mailto:[email protected]",
        "version"       => "12",
        "guid"          => "839e9d72e2875a51fccbc0257dfeda03",
        "compatibility" => "18*" //HERE IS WHAT IT SHOULD SAY
        );
}

line no. 39 in /inc/plugins/pluginlibrary.php
Thank you.
No problem. Hope your forum gets successful. :-)
You can pm me for further support.
(2014-11-02, 09:30 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. Hope your forum gets successful. :-)
You can pm me for further support.

I will. The corrections you supplied me fixed the compatibility issue with the plugin library. Thank you for that.

Regarding the Google SEO plugin, I deactivated it and will sit down with someone who is more comfortable changing .htaccess files. I'm sure the problem is that I did not copy and past the code into my .htaccess file..I just don't know where to post it.
.htaccess is not my strong site at all. It's pretty simple, but i still can't figure out how the eggplant things works with it :-D Or, yes i can, but.. I think it's a blueberry. But i know google know a lot about .htaccess with exactly SEO plugin for MyBB. So try that! :-)
(2014-11-02, 11:05 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ].htaccess is not my strong site at all. It's pretty simple, but i still can't figure out how the eggplant things works with it :-D Or, yes i can, but.. I think it's a blueberry. But i know google know a lot about .htaccess with exactly SEO plugin for MyBB. So try that! :-)

It's very confusing. One guy was saying you copy the code into a notepad file then save it as .htaccess with no txt extension.. I don't even know how that is possible.

I wish someone could just answer:

Do you create a new .htaccess file or do you rename the existing .htaccess.txt file to .htaccess and insert the code there? Then were do you insert the code?
(2014-11-03, 01:51 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]It's very confusing. One guy was saying you copy the code into a notepad file then save it as .htaccess with no txt extension.. I don't even know how that is possible.

1. As an administrator you shouldn't use Notepad, sooner or later you'll edit a .php file and then you'll notice the BOM issue. There are many free advanced editors to install, such as the recommended Notepad++.
2. How what is possible? Renaming the file to .htaccess without extension? Well, basic system knowledge is required. In Windows, change the options to show extensions and then simply right click and change name by removing .txt at the end.

(2014-11-03, 01:51 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]Do you create a new .htaccess file or do you rename the existing .htaccess.txt file to .htaccess and insert the code there? Then were do you insert the code?

No idea what your question is and why you're asking it. Renaming or creating new - doesn't matter, the resulting file will still be the same file.. And code should be inserted 'inside it' as text, of course.
(2014-11-03, 04:12 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-03, 01:51 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]It's very confusing. One guy was saying you copy the code into a notepad file then save it as .htaccess with no txt extension.. I don't even know how that is possible.

1. As an administrator you shouldn't use Notepad, sooner or later you'll edit a .php file and then you'll notice the BOM issue. There are many free advanced editors to install, such as the recommended Notepad++.
2. How what is possible? Renaming the file to .htaccess without extension? Well, basic system knowledge is required. In Windows, change the options to show extensions and then simply right click and change name by removing .txt at the end.

(2014-11-03, 01:51 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]Do you create a new .htaccess file or do you rename the existing .htaccess.txt file to .htaccess and insert the code there? Then were do you insert the code?

No idea what your question is and why you're asking it. Renaming or creating new - doesn't matter, the resulting file will still be the same file.. And code should be inserted 'inside it' as text, of course.

altering the existing .htaccess.txt and adding that code to that file is not the same as creating a file named .htaccess(which does not currently exist) adding the code and uploading that into the same directory.

It's a simple question. In my root directory I currently have .htaccess.nginx.txt and .htaccess.txt

Do I rename one of those files and add the code or do I open notepad++, add the code, save as .htaccess and upload that file along side the other two files that are already there.

It's probably is a dumb question but I am a novice and trying to learn this.
As I said, it is the same thing... I don't know how to explain it in a simplier way. Maybe analogically - if you build a red Porsche from scratch, you'll end up having a red Porsche. If you borrow/steal/buy a blue Porsche and paint it red, you'll have a red Porsche again... So it doesn't matter what you do, you just have to do it correctly to meet the requirement at the end. Inserting few lines into a specific text file isn't a tedious task.

Note that the mentioned .txt files are completely irrelevant (just like the color of Porsche before painting it red) - they are just examples that don't do anything. They will start being useful only after being converted to the required form - so .htaccess in this case.

@next post, ok, if you think so.. Feel free to continue.
Pages: 1 2 3