MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 2.0 -> MyBB 1.8.1 - Passwords Incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'd like to report a bug with the 1.8.1 Merge system.

After converting the forum from SMF 2.0, to MyBB 1.8.1, many users can no longer log-in to their accounts, nor use the password reset function - it just tells them their password is incorrect, and they have to contact me to get it reset manually.

Please look into resolving this.
I'm aware of the issue with the password reset.
Have you activated the loginconvert plugin? Also did you upgraded your SMF from 1.x to 2.0?
(2014-11-03, 05:29 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware of the issue with the password reset.
Have you activated the loginconvert plugin? Also did you upgraded your SMF from 1.x to 2.0?

That plugin is activated - and no, it was installed from SMF 2.0.
Hmm, that's weird, I can't see any problems locally. I'll take a look at SMF's hashing algorithm when I'm home again...
(2014-11-04, 09:30 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, that's weird, I can't see any problems locally. I'll take a look at SMF's hashing algorithm when I'm home again...

Alright, thanks! Smile
I fixed the password convert part (new file: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...onvert.php).
However I still haven't figured out why the passwort convert plugin itself doesn't work, haven't found any issues locally...
(2014-11-05, 05:39 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed the password convert part (new file: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...onvert.php).
However I still haven't figured out why the passwort convert plugin itself doesn't work, haven't found any issues locally...

All I can see is that:

-Users fail to login, and reset password, so they contact me
-Previously active users are no longer active
-Only select few users, mostly who joined after, are active
Ok, I've found one issue: They're using sha1, but they don't encode the password as utf8 so the hash is different for them than for us (as we're using utf8). I've added a call to "utf8_decode" to reproduce their hash. Hope that helps (only upload the new plugin file).