MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can We See Some MyBB Sites ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As they say, "The proof is in the pudding".

Yesterday, I witnessed the many helpful YouTube videos to help beginners like me (and trust me, there are many of us) navigate first waters in joining with ya'll.

As a final consideration before hopping on board, could I (actually "we") see some ongoing sites which use MyBB successfully to serve some community/demographic ?

My interest is a non-commercial ministry to single young adults -- the most underministered demographic in the church today.

P.S. I am soooo thankful for the witness of this community forum -- people who have a skill set that they graciously share with those who lack. Thank you !!!
First of all welcome to MyBB..... you can browse through the Showcase section in this forum to find many sites which uses MyBB....  Smile
Quote:to single young adults -- the most underministered demographic in the church today.

Really? May I ask why you think that? I would say that teens / young adults are the most ministered group in and out of the church.
wethegreenpeople:

I hope that I can be forgiven for answering your question in a BB-topic forum . . .

Churches teach that we should not be "unequally yoked" (2 Cor. 6:14).  However, when it comes to helping with the socialization of single young adults (SYA), most churches are AWOL -- except for a limited number of anecdotal exceptions.

Churches do not feel comfortable ministering to this demographic.  Doing so opens the door to attendees "bolting" the flock, and attending elsewhere.  Teens are more dependent than young adults, and are therefore less likely to bolt to a competing church.  Churches genarally zealously guard their flocks, and are not open to the "mixing" that is often necessary to reach a reasonable "critical mass" -- i.e., its challenging to conduct meaningful SYA socialization when most churches have insufficient numbers of SYAs.

I apologize for being off-topic, however, every good question desrves a good answer.  If you would like to receive the always-free, non-commercial PowerPoint, Ministering in the Gilding Window, or if further questions, please PM me.
You can check out mine if you want. Though I somehow doubt it will be appealing to you, all things considered. Toungue
i just looked into hackforums board..amazing! one million members..43 million posts..truly astounding. thx for links.
(2014-11-07, 03:19 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]i just looked into hackforums board..amazing! one million members..43 million posts..truly astounding. thx for links.

Now it has 2.4 million members, it jumped over 2 million members in a week? The last time I looked it had 250,000 members and around 800 people online

now they have 2.4 million members and the same 800 people online.
I'm calling the registered member numbers fake.

Hm..
(2014-11-07, 10:10 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-07, 03:19 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]i just looked into hackforums board..amazing! one million members..43 million posts..truly astounding. thx for links.

Now it has 2.4 million members, it jumped over 2 million members in a week? The last time I looked it had 250,000 members and around 800 people online

Hm..

ive heard ancient rumors on zetaboards where admins altered thier member stats to make it look like there are a huge membership..its not criminal but deceiving and a low down way to get more members..could be going on there too..i could be wrong hmm
(2014-11-07, 10:25 PM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-07, 10:10 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hm..

ive heard ancient rumors on zetaboards where admins altered thier member stats to make it look like there are a huge membership..its not criminal but deceiving and a low down way to get more members..could be going on there too..i could be wrong hmm

yea, I've done it before, not with my forum but another community I had. Just to be honest, it did not feel right, so I changed it back to show the real number of members I had online.
Pages: 1 2