MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@Greg, On response to your PM:

You could use the merge system in a default installation of MyBB.
Old forum merged to -> New forum.

But this will not work for custom modifications (plugins).

Cheers.
(2014-11-11, 05:42 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Greg, On response to your PM:

But this will not work  for custom modifications (plugins).

Cheers.

Hi Omar, I do not quite understand what you wrote. Could you elaborate?

I just need to fix the problem that I have 10,000 UID's (because of deleted spam bot accounts), but I have 2 members actually registered...it doesn't look nice.
Could anyone else elaborate on what Omar has said?
IIRC if you optimize your database tables, the counter should reset itself. Or you can change it manually, which I wouldn't recommend.
(2014-11-11, 05:42 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]@Greg, On response to your PM:

But this will not work  for custom modifications (plugins).

Cheers.

I tried using the MyBB Merge System, but the UID's weren't reset, they just stayed the same.

Any other ideas?
You need to import your forum DB into a new fresh one.

If you only have two users it may not be too hard to do it manually, thought really it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Don't you use something like Google SEO which the one UIDs are less visible to the common user?
If you only have two users then you can just optimize your database tables. No need to mess around with importing/manual changes.
Optimizing the DB would make UID '42647921' to be now '2'? A serious question, I don't know how optimizing works.
Assuming a row with uid 42647921 once existed, and was deleted, and the only rows on the table are uid 1 and 2, then optimizing the table will reset the counter and the next row to be inserted will have uid 3.
Oh, so if all users between '1' and '42647921' were deleted the next UID to be used will be '42647922' yet.

If optimizing doesn't work I suppose directly creating an user in the DB and then merging both users could work too. Then you delete the old user and optimize.

If optimizing doesn't work it seems to much work IMO yet anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3