MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-11-17, 07:10 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to import your forum DB into a new fresh one.

If you only have two users it may not be too hard to do it manually, thought really it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Don't you use something like Google SEO which the one UIDs are less visible to the common user?

How exactly do I import my forum DB into a new fresh one? Is that just taking the old database, and importing the database on a new installation of MyBB? How would that reset the UID's?

(2014-11-17, 07:53 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you only have two users then you can just optimize your database tables. No need to mess around with importing/manual changes.

Do you mean optimizing the tables in MyBB, or in MySQL/PHPMyAdmin? How would I do that?
Quote:Do you mean optimizing the tables in MyBB, or in MySQL/PHPMyAdmin? How would I do that?

They both perform the exact same function.
Use the Merge System to import old users from a DB to a new MyBB fresh installation.

Optimizing tables from the ACP tools module is the same as from the DB manager IIRC.
(2014-11-17, 10:01 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do you mean optimizing the tables in MyBB, or in MySQL/PHPMyAdmin? How would I do that?

They both perform the exact same function.

I tried optimizing all tables, including mybb_users, but it had no effect on the UID's for old members, or newly registered members.

(2014-11-17, 10:09 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Merge System to import old users from a DB to a new MyBB fresh installation.

I don't know how to do that. All I did was upload the merge files to the root of the forum that needs it's UID's re-used. How would I do that?
I found out how to do it, and it works. All UID's, TID's, FID's, PID's, have been recounted without gaps thanks to the MyBB Merge System. Now there are no gaps Smile

To the OP SwirV, follow Omar's advice and you can reset all UID's, TID's, FID's, etc. I couldn't understand it at first, but I figured it out eventually.

1. Install a fresh copy of MyBB on another directory (the same version as your old one).
2. Put the MyBB Merge System files which is meant for your version of MyBB in the root directory of your fresh copy of MyBB.
3. In the URL of your fresh copy of MyBB, type in 'yourdomain.tld/merge'
4. Follow the steps, which includes connecting to your old MyBB database.
5. At the end, your fresh copy of MyBB will be a 'clone' of your old MyBB installation, with all UID's, TID's, FID's reset without gaps. It has advantages, and disadvantages.
6. Shift your fresh copy of Mybb from that directory, to your older home directory and edit the config file.
7. Done.

NOTE: Delete any members on your fresh MyBB installation with the same username such as 'admin', or it will make additional admin's with usernames such as 'admin_mybb_import1'.

The only disadvantage is that if people post links of TID's, FID's, PID's on the forums, they will most probably change, and will redirect to a completely different topic, post, etc. Also search engines may not like it.

All of these disadvantages can be eradicated, if you perform this MyBB Merge System often, such as once a week or month.

Thanks MyBB for making all of this possible with the Merge System.
Pages: 1 2 3