MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private message profile layout changes depending on template.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=32953]

The images don't show up in this template but it does in others. See the missing images icons? These are custom field images, but they show up in postbit layout. Not showing in message template as you can see. Some other templates have different info or layout in the message view.
(2014-11-26, 05:34 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: attachment.php?aid=32953]

The images don't show up in this template but it does in others.  See the missing images icons?  These are custom field images, but they show up in postbit layout.  Not showing in message template as you can see.  Some other templates have different info or layout in the message view.

Wow. I can't believe this never got answered. Seems simple. Anybody?
Private message template uses the postbit structure so you need to edit either postbit or postbit_classic

Send me your link seeing as it's one of my themes, i'll take a look for you. (can send me pm with it if you want)
(2015-01-17, 05:09 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Private message template uses the postbit structure so you need to edit either postbit or postbit_classic

Send me your link seeing as it's one of my themes, i'll take a look for you. (can send me pm with it if you want)

Ok, thanks I'll send you a PM with a test user account I assume as you can't see messages of other's accounts. I don't want to change the postbit structure that shows up on posts however.

Edited: And I guess the "system" that sends default site pm's don't have the custom fields that show up on postbits that have them so they show up as no images, because it has no custom fields. So the question is now two fold:
1. How do I have "the system" have the info that shows up in the postbit.
2. How do I change the "postbit" in the message to be different from the thread "postbit". I don't need the same profile that shows up in forum posts to show up in private messages.

With that info do you still need user info?
You mean you want the postbit thread different from the postbit in your private messages?

You could try change the classes ( some things might break tho, not sure yet)
My postbit template is heavy with user profile info that is too much for private messages. I thought the answer might lie in the classes, but couldn't find where it is called in private message template. So I'm willing to experiment if it changes it elsewhere too. The next biggest question is since "the system" doesn't have a profile how would I get around that with heavy custom profile I've set up?
Hmm i'm guessing you could give it it's own class again.
(2015-01-17, 05:41 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm i'm guessing you could give it it's own class again.

Where do I add/change the class for private messages? I've learned quite a bit on how to do that, but just need to know where to find it to change it in the pm template.
Well seeing as the private messaging templates uses the postbit templates you'd need to edit.

Templates > Postbit_Templates > Postbit

Templates > Postbit_Templates > Postbit_classic

Give the user section new classes and add the extra css then leave the default css for the private message templates. alot of work.
(2015-01-17, 06:06 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Well seeing as the private messaging templates uses the postbit templates you'd need to edit.

Templates > Postbit_Templates > Postbit

Templates > Postbit_Templates > Postbit_classic

Give the user section new classes and add the extra css then leave the default css for the private message templates. alot of work.

Yes, I agree. But may be worth the work. Any idea how to give the "system" a profile. How do others/you deal with that part?
Pages: 1 2 3