MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I keep having to Refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A few hours ago I noticed a problem with my site. I'm not sure what to call it but it works something like this.

1. I go on User CP and see that I have new responses to my subscribed threads.

2. I reply to said threads.
3. I return to User CP, and see that the threads I replied to are still listed as having new responses.
4. Refresh, everything's fixed.
5. If there's a new response to a thread I replied to before, I click it.
6. My most recent response, plus the most recent response of the other person, is missing.

Essentially when ever I return to a page it looks just like the last time I visited, even if I have posted something or someone else has. Refreshing fixes it, but I have to do it every time I go to a page. As an added problem each time I click the arrow to take me to the first unread post, it takes me to the first one since this problem showed up. One of my mods as also had this problem. I'm still on 1.6.15 and I use HostGator if that matters. We both use FireFox but I also tried this with Internet Explorer and got the same thing.
looks like server related - some of HostGator servers are under maintenance - can you contact HostGator support
I hope that is all it is. I'm having a little problem on my end. My modem is about 10 years old I am having a little trouble finding my password. I can't get on the phone right now.
^ as you know, you can send a mail to support wing / submit support ticket / contact live support
I have done so, I just had to find my password. That one uses a password I don't use anywhere else. Now I'm waiting to hear back.
^ in the mean time, have you recently added any plugins / did any code modifications ..
No, I have not. I have had a few computer problem and haven't done much of anything. I have a new computer and now I have to get a new modem.
not sure whether related,
a couple of users with HostGator hosting have login / logout issues due to some (unknown) cache ..
(2014-11-13, 02:20 AM)Negima Wrote: [ -> ]A few hours ago I noticed a problem with my site. I'm not sure what to call it but it works something like this.

1. I go on User CP and see that I have new responses to my subscribed threads.

2. I reply to said threads.
3. I return to User CP, and see that the threads I replied to are still listed as having new responses.
4. Refresh, everything's fixed.
5. If there's a new response to a thread I replied to before, I click it.
6. My most recent response, plus the most recent response of the other person, is missing.

Essentially when ever I return to a page it looks just like the last time I visited, even if I have posted something or someone else has. Refreshing fixes it, but I have to do it every time I go to a page. As an added problem each time I click the arrow to take me to the first unread post, it takes me to the first one since this problem showed up. One of my mods as also had this problem. I'm still on 1.6.15 and I use HostGator if that matters. We both use FireFox but I also tried this with Internet Explorer and got the same thing.

Im also having very similar issues to this and i am also with hostgator, i am just about to contact support did you find anything out?

Also i use ssl, now if i switch to https://mysite everything works, but http://mysite does not.
No I haven't. I sent out a ticket as it was late. I went to sleep and when I woke up there was no sign of a replay. Now my problem has changed a bit. When I first visit a page it looks the same as it did last night. However after refreshing my subscriptions, heading to one of my subscribed threads, and replying I return to find the subscriptions have been updated. Now it looks like unless visited a page yesterday and haven't refreshed yet it keeps up to date.

Unfortunately I appear to still be having problems with my "go to first unread" button as it still takes me the first one from yesterday. So I still have to find the new post on my own. I say appears as not many people have posted since I got on today and I'm not sure if it will also go away on it's own.
Pages: 1 2