MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User registration and alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-11-21, 11:30 AM)FReQuEnZy Wrote: [ -> ]It was to do with user activation not the alerts.
The actual bug was related to activation issues of users.

Well, you were speaking about "the same issue with 1.6" in your previous post - that's not the same issue then...

(2014-11-21, 11:30 AM)FReQuEnZy Wrote: [ -> ]This whole site, which is very much a work in progress.

http://www.cncftw.com/forums/

You say, if not that it's not comparable, it sounds more like you're turning this into a competition.
Which makes it look like you have too much pride.

There is no competition or pride. You started to teach us "fixing bugs shouldn't take so long" lessons, so I wondered if you actually are/were a part of a voluntary open source (and widely used) software developers team and have experience to do that. Because actions speak louder than words after all.

Don't get me wrong, I complained about MyBB development being slow few months ago too, but now I see it from another perspective and I shouldn't have done that.

(2014-11-21, 11:30 AM)FReQuEnZy Wrote: [ -> ]Why was it so hard to link this in the first post? It would have cleared up a lot of confusion and saved time for the both of us.

Eg: Duplicate report, rejected, original report "link here".

Just a 6 word sentence...

And once again - looking for it would save even more time for both of us...

4 words and one number: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mybb+1.8+awaiting+activation+bug Much less than your first post. First result in Google with the "Pushed" report thread containing the same github link as in my previous post (+ at least 2 duplicate threads). Second result is the github link itself.. That sums everything up.
(2014-11-21, 02:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you were speaking about "the same issue with 1.6" in your previous post - that's not the same issue then...

It's the same issue in user registrations, but not with alerts.

(2014-11-21, 02:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]There is no competition or pride. You started to teach us "fixing bugs shouldn't take so long" lessons, so I wondered if you actually are/were a part of a voluntary open source (and widely used) software developers team and have experience to do that. Because actions speak louder than words after all.

Don't get me wrong, I complained about MyBB development being slow few months ago too, but now I see it from another perspective and I shouldn't have done that.

I wasn't teaching nor talking condescendingly I was just talking sarcastically.
As the reply was that "it has been reported a long time ago". Toungue

I'm not part of a team that link is just a project of mine solely, sometimes I do get help with snippets of code but that's about it.

(2014-11-21, 02:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I complained about MyBB development being slow few months ago too, but now I see it from another perspective and I shouldn't have done that.

Then the development plan should be reconsidered with a smaller on/off staff in mind.
With maybe an easier update method (not that I know if that's possible or not or the security concerns that would be involved)?

(2014-11-21, 02:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]And once again - looking for it would save even more time for both of us...

4 words and one number: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mybb+1.8+awaiting+activation+bug Much less than your first post. First result in Google with the "Pushed" report thread containing the same github link as in my previous post (+ at least 2 duplicate threads). Second result is the github link itself.. That sums everything up.

You're right, it was my own lack of research, which came from the annoyance of remembering a similar issue in 1.6 namely the user account activation issue. So I jumped to posting it as a bug. Hopefully I didn't waste too much of your time.
Pages: 1 2