MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do I have to upload each file seperately for upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I need to upgrade from1.8.2. to 8.3

after downloading the upgrade package and looking at all of the files inside the folders,
do I have to upload every file seperately inside ever folder for the upgrade because there is at least 50 seperate files inside folders
or can I just upload the folders that contain the files?

There is actually no detailed directions for upgrades on the upgrade page, so any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: fast.png]
assuming that the file manager at web host control panel has files overwriting facility,
the changed files zip archive file can be uploaded to MyBB files server main folder &
it can be extracted by using file manager
There's no difference between upoading whole folders with files or every file from folders separately. Except that the 2nd would require a lot more time.
Hey M. and Destroy, thanks for answering, that is exactly what I needed to know because I'm wanting to perform manual upgrades vs cpanel auto-upgrades. Thanks for taking the time respond to this.
So if I upload these in filezilla , can I just like a theme if the folder is lets say inc, if I upload the folder instead of the files, is that alright?
^ yes, provided that filezilla is set to overwrite existing files
@saint: you simply extract all those files to "lets say to "abc" folder.
Now open your filezilla, place your details and connect. Make sure to add your files in the public_html folder. if your website is under forum.website.com, you need to select "Forum" folder under public_html, to make sure file gets added to the right folder.

On the left side, you need to select desktop or any other folder in which you have extracted files. If it was in "abc folder" select it. You will see all the extracted files, right click on the mouse and use select all. Then use option upload, it will ask for overwriting a file. You can overwrite individually or can select option overwrite all.
I had this same question. 

So this means if I upload the whole shebang straight into the root of the forum,
A. I won't lose everything else in the folder, 
B. I won't get another version of the folder? 

SWEET.
Thank you!

Also, THANK YOU Pirata and MYBB for responding so swiftly and transparently to the whole hacking dilemma. 
Well done!
^ @Alia: file managers available at web host panel are supposed to work in that way (both A & B)
and ftp clients are also supposed to do the same - however settings should be checked to confirm.
Thank you, .M.!

I'll set up a test and report back. 
Pages: 1 2