MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the supportable MOBILE app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jesus this is annoying me - am I missing something here?

If you are not mobile then you are dead in this modern world and I would have expected a fully supported MyBB recommended mobile app to front this latest version of software.

I am leaking membership, failing to increase on the membership I have and all because there is not an official MyBB mobile front end to this, otherwise, excellent product.

How can you release any upgrade and not immediately, if not within a few weeks, issue the fully supported mobile capability.

If this is not addressed soon, despite loving the software, I am going to instruct my tech people to look at alternative platforms. I am sick of telling members to be patient!
Tapatalk.
(2014-11-22, 11:50 AM)The_Dark Wrote: [ -> ]Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is unsafe!

We have already looked at that and had breaches in security. If you are using it be VERY careful. Can't talk technically on the topic but my team backed away from this after incidents within minutes of plugging it in to a test environment.
(2014-11-22, 11:52 AM)Stairs Wrote: [ -> ]

Tapatalk is unsafe!

We have already looked at that and had breaches in security. If you are using it be VERY careful.  Can't talk technically on the topic but my team backed away from this after incidents within minutes of plugging it in to a test environment.

Make sure that tapatalk all folders uploaded correctly..

I haven't problems with Tapatalk.

Anyway, IMHO is the best app, for forums surf by mobile
Tapatalk been working great for my site as well and has been for years w/o issues.
Go mobile still works if you update the version number. 
Quote:How can you release any upgrade and not immediately, if not within a few weeks, issue the fully supported mobile capability.

MyBB 1.8 is a minor release. 2.0 will be fully compatible with mobile and tablet devices. Until then you'll need to rely on either third party apps or design a responsive theme for your forum.
Isn't Tapatalk a paid application (for users)?
I could buy a premium theme, but I couldn't ask my member to give money to buy an app to see the forum.

@Nathan, why bother with 1.8, then? We might as well have stayed with 1.6 (I, for one, should have and wait, but I hadn't considered the matter closely enough) as mobile compatibility is absolutely key. Now the ma jority of my traffic comes from mobile devices and I am currently stuck with GoMobile (which I do like, but simply doesn't work well with 1.8...)
(2014-11-22, 11:52 AM)Stairs Wrote: [ -> ]

Tapatalk is unsafe!

We have already looked at that and had breaches in security. If you are using it be VERY careful.  Can't talk technically on the topic but my team backed away from this after incidents within minutes of plugging it in to a test environment.

did you inform tapatalk about these said 'security breaches'?
Quote:@Nathan, why bother with 1.8, then? We might as well have stayed with 1.6 (I, for one, should have and wait, but I hadn't considered the matter closely enough) as mobile compatibility is absolutely key. Now the ma jority of my traffic comes from mobile devices and I am currently stuck with GoMobile (which I do like, but simply doesn't work well with 1.8...)

MyBB 1.8 is a bridge between 1.6 and 2.0. It brings a lot of functionality and changes which have been in demand for a while now. Removing old, unused features and improving the security and stability of the core system. There's no need to upgrade straight away as MyBB 1.6 will be supported for a while, and that period allows for people to start writing plugins and themes for 1.8. By the time 1.6 is no longer supported there should be a healthy amount of themes, including mobile compatible themes, available for use.
Pages: 1 2