MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone working on a new project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I haven't been around the MyBB community for a while, so I'm curious what you have going on. Is anything happening with you recently? New forum theme or website? Is activity booming lately?

I actually just started a new project a few days ago, progress has been coming along nicely. It's still very raw right now, so excuse things that don't look right. I make fairly vast changes in design as well, so everything could potentially look different tomorrow. Though I am happy with what I have so far.

This first image is a WordPress theme. The second one is XenForo. I have gotten the users synced and XenForo should handle most of that (including logging in from either end and consistent cookies). Designs aren't 100% match between the two, but that will be easy to do anyway.

WordPress: http://i.imgur.com/F9UpMpR.png
XenForo: http://i.imgur.com/FvnrDPX.png

The sidebars need some serious work, but I haven't had enough time to get to them yet. I'm also trying to think of ways to make the design not-so-generic, but I tend to wing my designs, so it'll eventually come to me. Heck, this is what I had a couple of days ago: http://i.imgur.com/XAd0Lzj.png

In comparison, it's terribad.

So, what projects have you started? Links and images welcome!
I would post stuff like this in that scratchboard topic, but it's not MyBB, sadly. qq
Here are overlays I started a couple of hours ago.

[Image: 725mgYd.png]

Lost password:
[Image: foOGAxP.png]
I'm working on an update to the AN site

Looks a little like this

@Tecca: nice theme. Looks pretty good.
(2014-12-21, 07:39 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on an update to the AN site

Looks a little like this

It's always good to see dedication like that. The part about scrolling down the page is something I've been thinking about as well. I want to consolidate but at the same time not cramp. Keep it up!

(2014-12-21, 10:13 AM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Tecca: nice theme. Looks pretty good.

Thanks!
Liking the theme Tecca, good to see you're still into design and still great at it. Smile

I did start a project with a coworker, dunno if I'm allowed to link to it or say the name or anything though, but it's one of the biggest IPB installs. We're currently revamping the entire IPB3 interface (None of the design, all code). It's a bit challenging at times and I can't say it's one of my favorites to work with but I'm learning a lot.
Is this site moving to IPB4? If so, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on their theme/template system. I haven't had a chance to play with it much, but they seem to have made some big steps forward for third party devs.
(2014-12-21, 06:04 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Liking the theme Tecca, good to see you're still into design and still great at it. Smile

I did start a project with a coworker, dunno if I'm allowed to link to it or say the name or anything though, but it's one of the biggest IPB installs. We're currently revamping the entire IPB3 interface (None of the design, all code). It's a bit challenging at times and I can't say it's one of my favorites to work with but I'm learning a lot.

Thanks! And that does sounds tough. Those experiences tend to be great in the end. Once you're all done, that feeling is unbeatable. Then you start again with another challenge, frustration sets in yet again. Haha.
(2014-12-21, 07:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Is this site moving to IPB4? If so, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on their theme/template system. I haven't had a chance to play with it much, but they seem to have made some big steps forward for third party devs.

I don't believe there's any plan to upgrade for at least another year unfortunately. I'd definitely like a chance to work with it on a project though.
I have been working on building my new horror community (http://thehorrorforums.com/index.php), the theme was by iAndrew here and completely custom for the forum. I pretty much have the set-up where I want it to be at and am now working on trying to build it to a point of activity which is the hard part in my opinion. I think this is the most niche project I have ever worked on so advertising is a bit harder.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6