MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Totally fresh copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sorry staff for my many threads.

1..Now one problem.
i have reinstall fresh copy but in cpanel there is old data remain even after installing. how to make cpanel totally fresh.

2...During installation it ask for database detail with mysql improved. is it possible to install without enter any database detail???

PLEASE GUIDE.
Quote:i have reinstall fresh copy but in cpanel there is old data remain even after installing. how to make cpanel totally fresh.

Delete all the old MyBB files and upload a fresh copy.

Quote:During installation it ask for database detail with mysql improved. is it possible to install without enter any database detail???

No, because then you can't store any data... I'm not sure why you're asking that.
i have following directory in cpane..

(/home/abc)

.attracta

.cagefs

.cl.selector

.cpaddons

.cpan

.cpanel

.cpcpan

.fantasticodata

.fontconfig

.gem

.gnome2

.htpasswds

.HttpRequest

.MirrorSearch

.softaculous

.sqmailattach

.sqmaildata

.trash

backup

etc

logs

mail

medico

perl

public_ftp

public_html

public_html_21-08-2012

ssl

tmp

should i delet all folders???
thanks.
among those only public_html belongs to you... Toungue

I mean, your site's files go inside that folder. other folders are used by the server for various configuration... not a good idea to delete them....
thanks..really it will creat problem if i delet other folder???
Yes,. just choose public_html.
there are certain default folders which should stay in the server...

check here for more info: External site 1

External site 2
Thanks mmadhankumar....
repped you.

one more question..as nathan bro said. should i delet all files under public_html folder to install fresh copy???
or can i kept folders like xthreads in which my uploads present???
PLEASE HELP.
thank you.
if you want a clean install you can delete all files and folders inside public_html and upload a fresh copy of mybb.... however if you find a cgi-bin folder inside the public_html folder, I would suggest to leave that folder... you can delete everything else for a clean install...
Thanks..i have that folder..

if suppose i kept xthread related folder and install fresh copy with taking backup of previous database through phpmyadmin, than i can restore users, posts, threads, xthreads data through backup from phpmyadmin on frsh copy??

please help for this matter and it will be final for me.

when i try to import users it give this error..
#1054 - Unknown column 'next_bday_year' in 'field list'
Pages: 1 2