MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden - Trying to edit global.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some odd reason I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error when trying to edit and save my global.css for a theme I'm working on. I've never ran into this before so I have no idea how to resolve the issue. I'd appreciate any help.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
Try either disabling Mod Security using .htaccess or ask your webhost to remove mod security.
(2015-02-08, 06:14 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Try either disabling Mod Security using .htaccess or ask your webhost to remove mod security.

It looks like I already have this in my .htaccess file.

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

That being there and it still not working, I assume the only option for me is to contact my host?
That is the next step you will have to take. Some hosts have some security things.
(2015-02-08, 06:24 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]That is the next step you will have to take.  Some hosts have some security things.

Darn, that's inconvenient. 

Thanks for the information though, dragonexpert, I appreciate it!
Has this been resolved yet?
(2015-02-09, 01:07 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Has this been resolved yet?

It has been resolved.

I switched to a new hosting provider because my previous one was giving me issues.

Thanks for the help. Smile