MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View New Posts Bug?? in 1.2.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason the "View New Posts" function in my newly updated 1.2.3 is not finding numerous posts that are new. I logged back in this morning and it missed 7 posts that were posted only and hour before!

Anyone else having this problem?
All of my members are now reporting this bug and it appears to be getting worse. For two days now it's not picked up any new posts but when I've checked manually there are several.
Have you tried going to the ACP -> Maintenance -> Recount and Rebuild then doing:
Recount Statistics
Recount Forum Counters
Recount Thread Counters
Yep, did that the other day and still not working. Sad
Works fine here. Make sure you know that it only shows new posts that are unread and since the last time you logged in.
More like your last visit since your last log in
Yep. I log back in and hit View New Posts and nothing shows as new.
Then that's normal, its because the forum marks posts read when you leave, yet it sometimes doesn't mark posts read that you actually have read Rolleyes
What's happening is, users post in my absence and when I log back on to see if there are new posts it doesn't show them. It says there are no new posts.
Hmm, do you actually logout and login again, or just leave and come back later?
Pages: 1 2