MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP and gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2015-02-10, 01:10 AM)Wiruk Wrote: [ -> ]SMTP Encryption Mode: no encryption

Have you tried changing it to TLS (with 587 port) or SSL (with 465 port)?
EDIT: nvm, missed the earlier answer.
Yes I did, changed acording to port.
(2015-02-10, 05:49 PM)Wiruk Wrote: [ -> ]Was on this wiki a few minutes ago, and I have no idea about it.

I set up an SMTP with a mail account created on my server and it's working fine, goes to junk tho.
So at this point I'm not sure if I'm crazy and failed the gmail login data 50 time that I tryed, or it's just some weird bug :/

Edit: I'll try redoing evrything and see if it works
Eedit2: no luck Sad, I'll use the server mail for now.

It stopped working for me too, about six hours ago. I have not the slightest idea what to do.
What error message do you get?
(2015-02-11, 09:38 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]What error message do you get?

Actually, I fixed it by either 1) installing an upgrade to OS X Yosemite that had been pending or 2) re-entering the passwords. I did both and now it works.

But now I am having another problem. I use WordPress. When I try to preview, it brings up the "pre-filled" box with my password, but refuses to accept it.

I suspect it is something to do with passwords also. Reading around, I discovered Yosemite has some kind of bug with passwords.

I am planning to read around about that as well. Wish me luck.
my mybb newly installed forum on subdomain have the same issue,

i've tried setting my registration method to "send email verification" also set the various mail setting:

- smtp on port 25 with no encryption and with correct smtp hostname, username & password but email not send on user registration, forgot password and resend email verification on user panel. (but this setting works fine on my other site)
- smtp on port 465 with SSL encryption and with correct smtp hostname, username & password but email not send on user registration, forgot password and resend email verification on user panel. (but this setting works fine on my other site)
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 25, no encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 465, SSl encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 578, TLS encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.

on System mail log: Error -> smtp server didn't recognized mybb authentication method...sometime Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out

but the wierd thing is my smtp server works fine on my other sites...
Try using smtp.gmail.com with port 587, TLS encryption.
(2015-02-12, 07:26 AM)KomisariS Wrote: [ -> ]my mybb newly installed forum on subdomain have the same issue,

i've tried setting my registration method to "send email verification" also set the various mail setting:

- smtp on port 25 with no encryption and with correct smtp hostname, username & password but email not send on user registration, forgot password and resend email verification on user panel. (but this setting works fine on my other site)
- smtp on port 465 with SSL encryption and with correct smtp hostname, username & password but email not send on user registration, forgot password and resend email verification on user panel. (but this setting works fine on my other site)
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 25, no encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 465, SSl encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.
-also tried with smtp.google.com on port 578, TLS encryption, with correct gmail username & password but not work.

on System mail log: Error -> smtp server didn't recognized mybb authentication method...sometime Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out

but the wierd thing is my smtp server works fine on my other sites...

nevermind, i've solved with changing my email server on centos from postfix+cyrus to postfix+dovecot (i'm not sure thats the problem, but it solved the smtp issue on my mybb)
I have done everything correctly Sad but when a person presses contact us page and enters their gmail and send us something, it dose not come to the gmail i put in the mail settings
How do you solve the problem ?
It's happening exactly the same way with me !
My ISP only accepts sending authenticated SMTP email!
Pages: 1 2 3