MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help badly board not opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You don't get it.You see

In this line
$settings['inline_ads_code'] = "This is where the ad code goes";
When I enter any code it crashes the forum if there is nothing there then there is no problem.
My friend... Im asking you to show us what sort of codes are there when your board crashs.
zaher1988 Wrote:
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/users/cf/voldemort/www/www.desifun.up.md/inc/settings.php on line 117

This is usually a problem in escaping strings.

Can you please show us the settings file after you activate any of the currputing plugins, and after setting its settings regarding this part? I wont ask you to search in that file for the plugin settings themselves it is easier for you just to copy paste the whole thing  here and cover any of the settings you don't want us to see.

If you read here, i ask you to show us what's in the settings file after you activate and type something in the codes setting.
tristam, could you upload a copy of your inc/settings.php when the forum "crashes." What zaher's trying to say is that we don't need a copy of inc/settings.php that works, but instead one when it doesn't work so that we can debug itSmile
Ok I am attaching it.
Obviously as i said nothing is getting escaped.

What version of MyBB are you running?
Have you modified the rebuildsettings(); functions before?
Can you upload a new clean functions.php to ./inc/
zaher1988 Wrote:Obviously as i said nothing is getting escaped.

What version of MyBB are you running?
Have you modified the rebuildsettings(); functions before?
Can you upload a new clean functions.php to ./inc/

I am running MyBB 1.2.2
I don't know rebuildsettings();

What am I supposed to do with functions.php should I upload a new one i.e the one which I uploaded in the starting.
Upgrade to 1.2.3
Not helping
Well Upgrading to the 1.2.3 is quite easy, But I wasn't able to upgrade, After transfering from phpbb to mybb upgrading never worked their are some files that crash the forum during upgrade, So I suggest doing the upgrade while you can you will see results, With the functions.php file.... Upload it to your forum directory then try editing it.
I have already upgraded.What do I edit in functions.php?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5