MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please organize the 2.0 Suggestions and Feedback folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

how i already said in this post http://community.mybb.com/thread-118011-...pid1098933

2.0 Suggestions and Feedback folder is a mess. Each week new topics appear suggesting the same thing. Why no one know what accepted than not.

Even if the idea is favorable, ends up in oblivion like during development of 1.8, which has led to undesirable discussion. Since one of the developer promises one thing and other developer not know anything.

And not to mention that we need to be creating the same proposal practically every month to the idea not to fall into oblivion.

Please create sub folder (accepted and reject idea). Like PHPBB development forum https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/

Regards,
Martec
Quote:There is no way to open pull requests against 2.0 yet as it is not a public project.
That's a quote from the Development Team.
(2015-02-18, 07:35 PM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:There is no way to open pull requests against 2.0 yet as it is not a public project.
That's a quote from the Development Team.

i not saying about PR...
i saying about idea...
Quote:2.0 Suggestions and Feedback folder is a mess. Each week new topics appear suggesting the same thing. Why no one know what accepted than not.

When a suggestion is accepted a PR will be created, there is no "accepted" features for 2.0 yet, they're merely possible ideas to be included, we're a long way off 2.0 yet.
(2015-02-18, 07:39 PM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]When a suggestion is accepted a PR will be created, there is no "accepted" features for 2.0 yet, they're merely possible ideas to be included, we're a long way off 2.0 yet.

Doesn´t this way that works. Developers have internal list.
The problem that such a list not prevented unwanted discussion.

Tomm M created thread called MyBB 1.8 Roadmap... But new leader the developer team leader did not even know of such a topic.

Since the team always change. And the promises are gone and no one responsible for what former developer said.

It is very exhausting to repeat the same mistakes in 2.0.
(2015-02-18, 08:02 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 07:39 PM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]When a suggestion is accepted a PR will be created, there is no "accepted" features for 2.0 yet, they're merely possible ideas to be included, we're a long way off 2.0 yet.

Doesn´t this way that works. Developers have internal list.
The problem that such a list not prevented unwanted discussion.

Tomm M created thread called MyBB 1.8 Roadmap... But new leader the developer team leader did not even know of such a topic.

Since the team always change. And the promises are gone and no one responsible for what former developer said.

It is very exhausting to repeat the same mistakes in 2.0.

Someone with similar ideas as mine Smile
(2015-02-18, 07:03 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 Suggestions and Feedback folder is a mess. Each week new topics appear suggesting the same thing. Why no one know what accepted than not.
MyBB 2.0 is still in early development meaning even main features haven't been implemented yet. Therefor it is not sensible to accept or reject suggestions right now unless they are fundamentally. Some suggestions are small additions to features that may be totally different or even removed in 2.0. It's like promising how the headlights will look while the rest of the car hasn't been designed yet.
(2015-02-18, 07:03 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Even if the idea is favorable, ends up in oblivion like during development of 1.8, which has led to undesirable discussion. Since one of the developer promises one thing and other developer not know anything.
Please do not mistake a developer liking an idea with accepting it. We are team and while the opinion of each team member is important there needs to be a consensus within the team. We can't clutter up MyBB with every possible feature that may be suitable for a few forums, that's what plugins are meant for.
(2015-02-19, 12:30 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 07:03 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 Suggestions and Feedback folder is a mess. Each week new topics appear suggesting the same thing. Why no one know what accepted than not.
MyBB 2.0 is still in early development meaning even main features haven't been implemented yet. Therefor it is not sensible to accept or reject suggestions right now unless they are fundamentally. Some suggestions are small additions to features that may be totally different or even removed in 2.0. It's like promising how the headlights will look while the rest of the car hasn't been designed yet.

(2015-02-18, 07:03 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Even if the idea is favorable, ends up in oblivion like during development of 1.8, which has led to undesirable discussion. Since one of the developer promises one thing and other developer not know anything.
Please do not mistake a developer liking an idea with accepting it. We are team and while the opinion of each team member is important there needs to be a consensus within the team. We can't clutter up MyBB with every possible feature that may be suitable for a few forums, that's what plugins are meant for.

i understood what you saying...
but so not better close folder of suggestion until mybb can made base of 2.0?
for me not make any sense accept suggestion if no one suggestion is analyzed for now...
it is just a waste of time...
i made two or more thread in suggestion folder... now no one remember of threads, and no one will read again...
make sense bring more ideas? for me not...
what i remember of 1.8 only suggestions created some months before of release of mybb 1.8 mybb team analyzed it... rest all was forgotten.

about mistake of developer liked or not liked this result in accept idea... i never make mistake about this...
i saying about thread Mybb 1.8 Roadmap...
(2015-02-19, 07:08 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]i understood what you saying...
for me not make any sense accept suggestion if no one suggestion is analyzed for now...
Collecting ideas and suggestions is certainly not a waste of time. You can see comments from team members in a lot of threads and several suggestions are already part of our prototypes. However everything is still subject to change so we don't want to promise things that haven't been finally decided yet.
(2015-02-20, 04:21 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 07:08 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]i understood what you saying...
Collecting ideas and suggestions is certainly not a waste of time. You can see comments from team members in a lot of threads and several suggestions are already part of our prototypes. However everything is still subject to change so we don't want to promise things that haven't been finally decided yet.

Definitely mybb should change the way of development If want more contributions.
Development is done in a totally disorganized way.

1.8 Development is proof of that.
And development of 2.0 by the way will not change anything in relation to 1.8.
I am quite disappointed.

In 1.8 Several developers ran over roadmap published publicly.
Every day new feature appeared that no one had suggested, but complete roadmap nobody cared.
Even if you had a suggestion and with PR was a lot of work to be accepted the suggestion .

No one knew what might contribute, why MyBB team never say in beforehand what was accepted what was not. So no one knew what PR could be made of what could not. If nothing is done to change I do not intend more help with development as I did in 1.8. Because have only stress with size clutter no one deserves.

It is a sharp difference with Phpbb organization. By the way here will be a dream to have something a little more organized.

Sorry for being rude.
Pages: 1 2 3