MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Error Reporting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there methods available to report errors from a plugin?
Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

If you mean errors for user, there are things like:
- error('error1text') and error_no_permission() functions to display error pages in front-end
- inline_error(array('error1text', 'error2text'), 'title') function for displaying inline errors in front-end
- flash_message('error1message', 'error') for displaying inline errors in back-end
- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.
(2015-02-28, 09:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

- error('error1text') and error_no_permission() functions to display error pages in front-end
- inline_error(array('error1text', 'error2text'), 'title') function for displaying inline errors in front-end
- flash_message('error1message', 'error') for displaying inline errors in back-end
- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.

My question was generic intentionally, as I was looking for all of the above.  Where can I find documentation for these and any other related functions?
(2015-02-28, 09:47 PM)unkwntech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 09:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.

My question was generic intentionally, as I was looking for all of the above.  Where can I find documentation for these and any other related functions?

1. In inc/functions.php
2. In inc/functions.php
3. In admin/inc/functions.php

You can also use xmlhttp_error or something like that for AJAX errors. (located in xmlhttp.php I believe)

Before you ask about other functions, look in any file that begins with functions