MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help documents search results does not match document
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is because the search is performed over the DB contents when what is actually displayed to the user in the help document page may not match the same.

There is probably not an easy nor nice fix to this.
Language support should probably just be dropped. It has never actually worked as expected.
(2015-03-14, 11:43 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Language support should probably just be dropped. It has never actually worked as expected.

what do you mean "drop language support"?
You probably don't know, but you can translate help documents to multiple languages. Or you are suppose to be able to.
yea, that functionality was "broken" a long time ago - in the 1.6 series.

More annoying is that changes to the documents have a tendency to get "nuked" - I usually just make a new set and set all the default docs to inactive.
Translating help documents works fine since I know MyBB.
Its shaky - I think at some point round about the time of the cookie law being introduced there was a change to how that data was stored in the DB.
It definitely shouldn't be dropped, fixing a bug by removing a feature isn't a good option. I'd prefer to have translated docs with broken search (user can't find something quickly but at least understands what he's reading) than fully working search (user may not understand anything, so why would he use search?).
Language support is important I agree. I dont know why the code to store in db was changed, but it definitely was.
Oh well I didn't meant to drop it just because of this and all serious. But really, it seems to have more issues than necessary.

IIRC the issue with not being able to use the language or DB has never been put in there to being with. Once you edit a document there is no coming back.
Pages: 1 2