MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make Forums 'thinner'.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quick question, I want to change the width of my forum (make it thinner) and the spacing between the forums (padding? I think).
I've been told to change it in global.css, but in the width box, there's no numbers or percentages, just font names and I'm really confused. And I can't see padding anywhere. Help?
provide forum url & the theme name so that someone can check it
Right now the theme background is being worked on, and it looks different to what it should.
Forum URL: http://nemsmod.co.uk
Theme name: Vienna (By iAndrew)
you can adjust width percentages for side & forum div elements in index template
<div class="side" style="float: right; width: 23%">
<div class="forum" style="float: left; width: 76%;">

for the distance between forums backtrow class style (extra.css)
and table properties need to be checked in forumbit_depth2_forum
I can't find the second bit your talking about.
I can't see any backtrow in extra.css, and have no clue where forumbit_depth2_forum is.
^ you can try adding style property similar to margin-bottom: -8px; for .backtrow class in extra.css
I tried adding that to .backtrow and nothing happened. Changed the values a bit, still nothing happened.
have you hard refreshed your browser ? (eg. press CTRL + F5 on the index page) I can clearly see both the changes
I have hard refreshed it.
I can see the change making the forums thinner, but not moving them together.
^ now what exactly is your requirement ? make side bar wider ? if so, you have to change its width percentage
side and forum width percentages added total to 99% (earlier side => 23% & forum => 76%)
Pages: 1 2