MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum Posts Required for Attachment Downloads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I have been wanting a plugin to do this and today I finally got the chance to make it.  It's tested fairly thoroughly but any problems please post or PM me.  The plugin is only 1 file and has admin settings for customizing to suit your needs.

License is GNU/GPL attached inside the folder. 

Plugin Name: Minimum Attachment Posts
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website: http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0 
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.2x
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: With this plugin you can set a minimum post requirement for downloads of attachments. Thumbnails are still viewable. You can also set certain groups to be exempt from this plugin and insert a custom message for the error.

Installation

1. Upload the 1 file from the zip

root/inc/plugins/minimum_attachment_posts.php

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (Attachment Minimum Posts) in the plugin manager.

3. You will see the new setting called "Attachment Minimum Posts" in admincp settings area.

The rest is self explantory.

Any suggestions on how to improve this plugin are welcome.

Enjoy

Download Link
I'd rather not make 2 posts to download the plugin.
Oh cmon...2 posts! Is that gonna kill you? Smile

I made it pretty much the bare minimum to show A) that it works and B) to get some damn posts which is really the point in the first place. MybbCentral is getting a LOT of downloads and member signups...2 posts isn't gonna kill anyone.

PM me tiki if you really want this and refuse to make the 2 posts...I will email it to you.
This will help since theres no option for minimal posts to few certain forums. Do you thinks it's possible you could make one? =D
Of course I could. Smile

But unfortunately the day is getting late and currently I don't have that on my todo list.

I can make the one you request but it will have to be another day.

Thanks.
I think we should start requiring 2 posts before you can download MyBB.

labrocca Wrote:Oh cmon...2 posts! Is that gonna kill you? Smile

Yes
Is 2 posts all that much, Tikitiki? Toungue lol

Nice plugin Labrocca! IMO very useful.
Having to post two posts for something is even more annoying is having to register to download something.
labrocca Wrote:Of course I could. Smile

But unfortunately the day is getting late and currently I don't have that on my todo list.

I can make the one you request but it will have to be another day.

Thanks.

That's fine, I wasn't expecting one today anyway. Toungue It's just vital that I have one soon. lol
Well I registered to download one of his stuff, Once you have users begging for a feature and lebrocca has it right there, Then it becomes worth it. Plus helping each others community is a big part in mybb.
Pages: 1 2 3