MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFireChat - Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can you please give me your board URL and a test account?
pm sent
The issue with EsForum's site has been resolved. The problem is that the Firebase URL cannot include a trailing /. Including it causes the script to break and not be able to run.
thanks a lot, I want to try Smile
i tried made firebase version of Miuna Shoutbox, and found same issue of this.

User can easily change username to another one in console of browser.

[Image: VOFRAL1.png]

personally this is no big problem. But as in the past people complained lot of that in Miuna ShoutBox, so i want avoid same thing. If you has solution I will be grateful.

i found solution...

need put something this in rules

"name": {
            ".validate": "auth != null && newData.val() === auth.displayName"
          }
Is it possible that guests can chat without registering? I am not sure with anonymous posting if it is something that is registered but the username will be hidden when chatting. thank you
(2016-05-25, 05:36 PM)positivehighnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that guests can chat without registering? I am not sure with anonymous posting if it is something that is registered but the username will be hidden when chatting. thank you

No, but you could edit the javascript templates for the chat and remove the part about the username.

This plugin hasn't been updated in some time though, so I would consider looking at some of the other options that are more frequently updated and can give you better support than I can.
(2016-05-25, 06:06 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-25, 05:36 PM)positivehighnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that guests can chat without registering? I am not sure with anonymous posting if it is something that is registered but the username will be hidden when chatting. thank you

No, but you could edit the javascript templates for the chat and remove the part about the username.

This plugin hasn't been updated in some time though, so I would consider looking at some of the other options that are more frequently updated and can give you better support than I can.

Hi dear,

I was trying to add MyFireChat to my forum. I activated the plugin. Then registered at Firebase to follow next steps. But I couldn't find an option to "Create a new App". Basically, I am clueless as to what to do next to move ahead. Pardon me for my naive comment. 

Following are the steps I have completed:
1. Downloaded and Installed the plugin.
2. Created an account on FIrebase.
3. Created a new Project.

But couldn't find an option to Create a New App...As I can read through all the comments till date, I need to find the url and secret key. I tried pasting some url and secret key I found in the settings section of my firebase account, but those didn't yield any result. I guess I am doing it wrong...a help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Looking forward
Is there an option to choose which usergroups can and cannot have access to this feature all together?
(2016-05-25, 06:06 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin hasn't been updated in some time though, so I would consider looking at some of the other options that are more frequently updated and can give you better support than I can.

(2016-11-26, 10:26 AM)SunilNagpal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi dear,

I was trying to add MyFireChat to my forum. I activated the plugin. Then registered at Firebase to follow next steps. But I couldn't find an option to "Create a new App". Basically, I am clueless as to what to do next to move ahead. Pardon me for my naive comment. 

Following are the steps I have completed:
1. Downloaded and Installed the plugin.
2. Created an account on FIrebase.
3. Created a new Project.

But couldn't find an option to Create a New App...As I can read through all the comments till date, I need to find the url and secret key. I tried pasting some url and secret key I found in the settings section of my firebase account, but those didn't yield any result. I guess I am doing it wrong...a help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Looking forward

This is my very same problem right now.
I'm trying out this plugin, as it seems to be exactly what I need, but the installation instructions are apparently outdated due to the drastic changes Firebase had on their change of site to its current state. (Explicitly notable with there being no "Manage App" button anywhere.)

There are so many URLs and KEYs/Secrets scattered around the Firebase project dashboard and settings that it's currently impossible for me to blindly guess which URL and KEY/Secret are the right ones (or even if we need to take a few more steps after creating the account/project, prior to getting the required URL and KEY/Secret to make the plugin work).

I do hope @jshort could be so kind as to help us with this problem?
The problem is exactly on the Firebase account instructions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5