MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFireChat - Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@cybardo - You quoted my last post stating that this plugin is no longer supported, in large part because of the reason you gave in your post. Firebase's API completely overhauled their API earlier this year, which means even with new installation instructions, this plugin would probably no longer work.

Apologies to those who were interested in using it, but it isn't something I have any interest in updating or supporting. The code is open source, though, so feel free to make changes as necessary if you'd like to pursue it.
So it is dead at the moment?
Hi, I've recently taken on admin duties at caferadlab.com and noticed the myfirechat add-on is included.  There are two of the same myfirechat add-ons in the configuration settings.  They both show the same Firebase URL and secret.  The chat has been enabled but doesn't show on the index page.  Unknown what the previous admin attempted.  I tried going to the login in the add-on and get a developer's info page and don't know where to start there.  I'd like to try the chat box, any suggestions?

http://caferadlab.com/
MyBB Version 1.8.5
PHP Version 5.6.30
using Square theme by Envy
(2019-06-06, 02:32 PM)Horse Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've recently taken on admin duties at caferadlab.com and noticed the myfirechat add-on is included.  There are two of the same myfirechat add-ons in the configuration settings.  They both show the same Firebase URL and secret.  The chat has been enabled but doesn't show on the index page.  Unknown what the previous admin attempted.  I tried going to the login in the add-on and get a developer's info page and don't know where to start there.  I'd like to try the chat box, any suggestions?

http://caferadlab.com/
MyBB Version 1.8.5
PHP Version 5.6.30
using Square theme by Envy

Well...

I don't know that much about that chatroom software, MyFireChat, but DVS Shoutbox is a popular option. 
Go HERE and download it and install it. Follow the instructions exactly.
There is a bit of CSS code that needs to be put in, but it's easy to do.

But... before you go any further...

You seriously need to upgrade your current MyBB to MyBB 1.8.20 because there are many security issues that have been taken care since the 1.8.5 version. 

And...

Upgrade your PHP version to at least 7.1.xx if all possible. The newer MyBB versions (including the upcoming 1.9.xx series) will require a minimum of PHP 7.1.xx or newer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5