MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There is No ID on profilefields why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
why is there no ID on MyBB custom profile field? do i need to activate this or did you guys miss that
or is there a plugin for that. i was searching google all i could find was this Faq
Anyway here is a screenshot of my current Admin Panel vs Look at the link in the FAQ Panel
This is my Forum ( Link ) And yes its the latest version no upgrades
[attachment=34540]
profile field ID is missing from the recent versions.

this topic is moved to bugs & issues section
This was removed in 1.8.0 Beta 2 for some reason: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/2857...0c44b8babd
I'll poke Paul to ask why.
IMO it doesn't really matter, because you can see the ID in the link if you edit a field. But also nothing against readding that field so it's more user-friendly.
Yeah, looking at the URL isn't ideal. There are a few plugins that add/use profile fields and require the field ID in their settings.
I took it out because it was redundant, but if people want it back, I can re-add it.
There is no in-core feature that asks for an profile field id.

Instead of reading it we should probably add a new way for plugins to retrieve a friendly dropdown list of available lists. i.e: A new setting type.

@alexdinpoik why do you need to know the FID for?
(2015-07-01, 09:22 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]There is no in-core feature that asks for an profile field id.

You can add profile fields to templates individually to style your theme.

But for plugins, I agree this would be better:
(2015-07-01, 09:22 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of reading it we should probably add a new way for plugins to retrieve a friendly dropdown list of available lists. i.e: A new setting type.
I think it should be possible to do with the php optionscode, a new type wouldn't be bad either. Or, depending on the implementation, a new profile field table column and a hook to the add/edit profile field pages.
The current profile system adds the fields automatically to the post-bit/profiles so IMO it is redundant now. Old tutorials on adding them manually no longer apply for the branch this was removed on.

Quote:I think it should be possible to do with the php optionscode

It is possible. I haven't seen any plugin requiring a profile field id freely available though.

Just a suggestion onto adding something that would actually be useful instead of reading something that no longer is.
My old Xbox Live plugin did, and there are probably others Smile
Pages: 1 2 3