MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest threads displaying incorrect times of post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys , 
Just testing some themes and now my latest posts in the sidebar are all displaying {1} for time of post , ALL threads/posts display like this in the latest posts sidebar, anybody know how to fix this ?
Thanks.

my site theeditorscorner.com/forum
Another site I frequent also had that issue. Did you use a plugin for the sidebar?
(2015-07-01, 05:46 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Another site I frequent also had that issue. Did you use a plugin for the sidebar?

Yes i did , the one from  DanielM
(2015-07-01, 05:51 PM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-01, 05:46 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Another site I frequent also had that issue. Did you use a plugin for the sidebar?

Yes i did , the one from  DanielM

It's fixed now. What was the issue?
See my post about these errors and how to correct them:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-162649-...pid1167146
Yes i solved this issue by following this 'FIX'
"Open your index_sidebar_post template, and change, {$lang->latestposttime} to {$lang->posttime}." -DanielM
Thats all i had to do .
If this fix doesnt solve somebody else who is experiencing this issue then go here : http://community.mybb.com/thread-162649-...pid1134979
Or follow Ad Bakker's link.
Thanks for all the help guys .
I would also change line 142 to:

<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}">{$postname}</a></strong><br>

Then clicking the thread title will bring you to the last post of the thread instead of to the first as it is now.
(2015-07-02, 08:08 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I would also change line 142 to:

<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/{$lastpostlink}">{$postname}</a></strong><br>

Then clicking the thread title will bring you to the last post of the thread instead of to the first as it is now.

That is a fantastic tip ! I will try this , thanks man .
Wait..what file/template do i make the line 142 change too ?
Because i changed line 142 of latestpost.php and it didnt work , it has had no effect
(2015-07-03, 05:21 AM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait..what file/template do i make the line 142 change too ?

To the latestpost.php in your inc/plugins folder.
I made this change, and it works. Ik it doesn't work with you we can try to find the cause by some debugging echo's.
(2015-07-03, 06:25 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-03, 05:21 AM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait..what file/template do i make the line 142 change too ?

To the latestpost.php in your inc/plugins folder.
I made this change, and it works. Ik it doesn't work with you we can try to find the cause by some debugging echo's.

ok it does work , but only if i click on the thread from the forum sections , which is great but i awould also like this to work in the sidebar latest threads as well , is that possible ?

Actually , it doesnt even work from the category itself , like , if i go to the main index page and click on a thread from there it works , if i open the category and go into a sub category and press on a thread it still goes to page 1 .
To see what i mean here is my site .
theeditorscorner.com/forum
Pages: 1 2