MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have searched everywhere but cant find a plugin that adds post templates, so when a user creates a new post there is already a template for them to fill out  and then post. Anyone know of a plugin that does this?

Thanks.
I do not understand. When somebody posts a message, he types his text in the editor screen and then posts it. This is all managed by templates (html), php, css and javascript. For what purpose do you want an additional template?
(2015-07-05, 08:40 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I do not understand. When somebody posts a message, he types his text in the editor screen and then posts it. This is all managed by templates (html), php, css and javascript. For what purpose do you want an additional template?

I want it so when someone clicks the newpost button the post automticall contains something like:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

and then they can edit that and post.
OK, now I understand it.
I had a look, but can't find an existing plugin for that. At a first glance I would say that making one will not be very complicated.
I can give it a try, but no guarantee and no time limit. Can be tomorrow or some days later.

OK, it went somewhat faster than expected. Find the plugin in attached zip file.

Copy the files (2) to their locations. Activate the plugin through AdminCP, and define the start text for posts via Configuration (change settings) -> Plugin Settings (bottom of page) -> Add text at start of posts
Thankyou! Although I activated that on my board and do not have anything under plugin settings.
Did the plugin show-up in Plugins under Inactive Plugins, and you clicked "Install & Activate"?

I just see that I made an error with the zip file. Attached the new one, you have only to replace the file in the plugin folder (throw away the file in the folder plugin that I sent ).
Sorry for the inconvenience Blush .
Thanks, that works however it seems to add it to all posts on a forum, I wanted something that would add templates but onto the certain forums / catagories.
(2015-07-07, 07:25 PM)Swervz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that works however it seems to add it to all posts on a forum, I wanted something that would add templates but onto the certain forums / catagories.

I will look in that. Must be possible.
Thanks, Oh I wanted to have differnt templates for differnt forums if thats possible.
(2015-07-07, 08:15 PM)Swervz Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to have differnt templates for differnt forums if thats possible.

That is only possible when I make a maximum number of different templates. So can you mention a maximum?
Pages: 1 2