MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show prefix on thred listing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I set mybb to show the thread prefix on thread listings like you have on the mybb forums?

Thanks.
I cant recall if thread prefixing is part of 1.8 by default or not

If it is, its under ACP > Configuration > Thread prefixes.

If its not, I also use this plugin:

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=159
Yes they are. I setup post prefixes but they do not show on the list of threads, only when you view the post.
(2015-07-17, 12:01 AM)Swervz Wrote: [ -> ]I setup post prefixes but they do not show on the list of threads, only when you view the post.

How can they, when posts can have different prefixes within one thread?
the mybb
(2015-07-17, 07:11 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-17, 12:01 AM)Swervz Wrote: [ -> ]I setup post prefixes but they do not show on the list of threads, only when you view the post.

How can they, when posts can have different prefixes within one thread?

The mybb forum has them.

[Image: eEggsgA.png]
These are thread prefixes.
I understand it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between posts and threads, there are so many different terms for the same thing.
Yeah diffent forum softwares call them diffent names. But how do I get them to show on the thread listings.
I don't know what kind of theme you are using, but in the default theme thread-prefixes are displayed. See template forumdisplay_thread:

<span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<span class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}"><a href="{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></span>{$thread['multipage']}</span>

Have a look at your theme's forumdisplay_thread template and add {$thread['threadprefix']} before the thread's subject.
We have that in our template but prefixes still does not show up.

<tr class="inline_row">
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" width="2%"><span class="thread_status {$folder}" title="{$folder_label}">&nbsp;</span></td>
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>
	<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">
		{$attachment_count}
		<div>
          <span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<span class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}"><a href="{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></span>{$thread['multipage']}</span>
			<div class="author smalltext"> Topic started by {$thread['profilelink']}</div>
		</div>
	</td>
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}"></td>
  {$rating}
	<td align="left" width="12%" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}"> <a href="javascript:MyBB.whoPosted({$thread['tid']});">{$thread['replies']}</a>{$unapproved_posts} Replies<br /> {$thread['views']} Views</td>
	<td class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">
		<span class="lastpost smalltext">{$lastpostdate}<br />
		<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->lastpost}</a>: {$lastposterlink}</span>
	</td>
{$modbit}
</tr>
(2015-07-29, 05:03 PM)Swervz Wrote: [ -> ]We have that in our template but prefixes still does not show up.
Are you sure they are there. Have a look in your database table threads The column prefix must contain a number. This number must correspond with a number in the pid column in the threadprfixes table. When these are there they must appear in the listing.
Pages: 1 2