MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I end up getting the following error message when backing up my files. I am assuming that it is corrupt, but how do I go about fixing this? I need very specifics as I am not very knowledgeable with this.

Error
SQL query:

/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE=@OLD_TIME_ZONE */;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1298 - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'NULL'
Do you get this during the backup is made, or is it when you try to load a backup?
I checked a non-compressed backup but could not find this text in it.
(2015-07-23, 03:57 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get this during the backup is made, or is it when you try to load a backup?
I checked a non-compressed backup but could not find  this text in it.

I get this whenever I am uploading. My webhosting company pretty much won't help.
see reply here (external link)
I looked at the settings that I can choose when I make a backup from phpMyAdmin (so no MyBB backup). In the extended settings is one about time zones:

Dump TIMESTAMP columns in UTC (enables TIMESTAMP columns to be dumped and reloaded between servers in different time zones)

This is standard checked with me. If you have such a choice you could try with this option unchecked, because your error seems to be related with time zones.

OK, I see that .m. has the solution as usual. You must be able to edit the backup file, so backup to .sql and not a compressed file.
In a .sql backup file produced by MyBB I do not find this line.
(2015-07-23, 06:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see reply here (external link)

Does this line include the numbers, or is that the line number?
Also, the file is encrypted. So how would I go about changing the lines?

(2015-07-23, 06:07 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I looked at the settings that I can choose when I make a backup from phpMyAdmin (so no MyBB backup). In the extended settings is one about time zones:

Dump TIMESTAMP columns in UTC (enables TIMESTAMP columns to be dumped and reloaded between servers in different time zones)

This is standard checked with me. If you have such a choice you could try with this option unchecked, because your error seems to be related with time zones.

OK, I see that .m. has the solution as usual. You must be able to edit the backup file, so backup to .sql and not a compressed file.
In a .sql backup file produced by MyBB I do not find this line.

Thank you for your assistance as well. You have been a huge help with these last two issues!
(2015-07-23, 06:18 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the file is encrypted. So how would I go about changing the lines?

Can't you unpack the encrypted file? What file extension does it have?
(2015-07-23, 07:00 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-23, 06:18 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the file is encrypted. So how would I go about changing the lines?

Can't you unpack the encrypted file? What file extension does it have?

The file extension is:
.sql.gz
What happens when you double click it? With me it unpacks, else we must see how to download software for that, but I think it must be in your base software package. What operating system do you have?
(2015-07-23, 07:11 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when you double click it? With me it unpacks, else we must see how to download software for that, but I think it must be in your base software package. What operating system do you have?

Okay I unpacked it, but how do I repack it into the .sql.gz?
Pages: 1 2 3