MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bug with microsoft edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-02-23, 01:29 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Edge is a crap... use another browser

Whoa. Sounds like you got something personal going on there, guy.

For me it's been great so far except for this MyBB problem. Much smoother than Chrome and significantly better battery life with tablets.

Regardless, not to state the obvious, but it's not me that I'm concerned about, it's our users.

@destroy666, the issue is that when using quick reply, the text in the quick reply box disappears, and we get an error returned "The message was an error posting your reply. The message is missing, please enter some text".

Yes, not the exact same issue, but I thought perhaps related. I'm still on 1.6. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not.
(2016-02-23, 04:50 PM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still on 1.6. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

The 1.6 branch can contain various compatibility-related bugs, but both 1.6 and 1.8 appear to be working correctly on latest Microsoft Edge.
Have you tested the quick reply on new MyBB installations (default theme, no plugins)?
Microsoft Edge doesn't support anything round I'm afraid. If you change your theme to square it should work.

On a serious note though it is most likely a theme or plugin that is not supported by Microsoft Edge. You should try tweaking around by disabling things to see what the issue actually is.
Pages: 1 2 3