MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, 
i am wondering why my forum didnt send email verification to the members , also subscribe emails didnt sent , 
i try to make test and send email but i didnt recived it ,
any help will be apriciated , 
thanks all
Did you look in AdminCP -> Tools & Maintenance -> System Mail log

When e-mails were not sent they should be there with some explanation.

When you use PHP mail, try the attached script.
I have the same problem.
I looked at email log and it doesn't have any problems
Only email account confirmation ,though.
other emails work fine.
i checked, here is the error msg
Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out
any idea
Thanks alot
Did you run the check script attached in post #2?
(2015-08-02, 12:26 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run the check script attached in post #2?

How can i can run that script ?
I am not sure whether this is still actual, because I think you are not using PHP mail but SMTP mail.

Writing that I remember I had problems with SMTP mail. When I contacted my host with my problem (sending SMTP emails from a PHP based forum), I received totally different settings (hostname and port) then I use for my e-mail client. Also they use no password and no encryption in this case.

So when you use SMTP mail, please contact your host.

When you use PHP mail, copy the script to the root of your site and run it:

your_site_root/testmail.php
(2015-08-03, 09:09 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure whether this is still actual, because I think you are not using PHP mail but SMTP mail.

Writing that I remember I had problems with SMTP mail. When I contacted my host with my problem (sending SMTP emails from a PHP based forum), I received totally different settings (hostname and port) then I use for my e-mail client. Also they use no password and no encryption in this case.

So when you use SMTP mail, please contact your host.

When you use PHP mail, copy the script to the root of your site and run it:

your_site_root/testmail.php

Hello, 
i try both of them , 
i try php , and i used your script , i changed the email adress on it , i uploaded in my fourm root and i run it , i recived the mail . 
but when sent email from the forum i didnt recived it .

i used SMTP , I contact my host and i got the details , 
i tested to send an email and i didnt recived also . 
so any idea ?
(2015-08-03, 06:04 PM)feeling_bored Wrote: [ -> ]i used SMTP , I contact my host and i got the details ,

Are the details different from those you use for your e-mail client as with me?
Pages: 1 2