MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Most variables not working on forumdisplay_thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Variables like
{$post['fid5']},{$useravatar['image']},{$useravatar['width_height']},{$username}

They aren't working, they just blank.
Can you make clear where (in which template) they don't work. The definition of variables depend on the php script that evaluates the templates.
forumdisplay_thread
(2015-08-10, 07:33 PM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]{$post['fid5']},{$useravatar['image']},{$useravatar['width_height']},{$username}

These variables have not been set in script forumdisplay.php when the forumdisplay_thread template is evaluated.

Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve.
Trying my best working on the forum layout.

http://forum.international-union.com/for...php?fid=27

I want to add OP's info at the right side, while left side is deal info.
I'm afraid that what you want to achieve is only possible by either a plugin or by making changes in the forumdisplay php script.
Changing php scripts is not really advised, because it can cause problems when new upgrades of the forum software become available. You should have a good book-keeping of all the changes you have made.
The current forumdisplay on the particular forum is actually a separated template, made it possible by the XThread plugin.

So after upgrades, I'm still having the same template and still able to use the latest version without worry of losing work.

As for the changes to be made, can you please advise me?
I am sorry, but I have no experience with XThread at all.
(2015-08-11, 03:07 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that what you want to achieve is only possible by either a plugin or by making changes in the forumdisplay php script.

Continue.
One of the variables that you mention is already available. This is $username, which you should alter in $thread['username'].

The others require more elaboration, we could do that one by one.

Which information is in $post['fid5']?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5