MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New look member list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As with the rest of MyBB 2.0, the old member list has received quite a face lift. Rather than the tabular list of old showing very few details, members are now presented as individual user cards, with their personal avatars given front and centre.

[Image: screen-shot-2015-04-13-at-23-28-27.png]

The card based view also works far better on mobile devices:

[Image: m1YKSXp.png]

As usual, this is fully customisable using the template system.
Question (as I haven't played with this on the demo lately): Are Custom Profile Fields added to these user cards just like the postbit, via an easy option? Or does the data have to be added to the card template manually?
(2015-08-22, 09:21 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Question (as I haven't played with this on the demo lately): Are Custom Profile Fields added to these user cards just like the postbit, via an easy option? Or does the data have to be added to the card template manually?

They can be easily added to it just as with the postbit. Each field can be added to both post bit and/or member card automatically via the field edit page. Obviously having too many fields on either can lead to it looking cluttered, but this is left to the choice of forum administrators.
Right; that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I think people will be happy to hear that.
can we configure how many cards are shown per row and page? there seems to be a lot of dead space in the example shown above. you could easily fit 3-4 user cards in 1 row if the current spacing was cut in half.
I'm not sure. You can configure how many users are shown per page as you can in the current version, but the actual display is based upon the CSS styling.
also, it looks odd that Jones's card is bigger than the others. if a card is going to be 20px tall (for example), then they should all be that size.
Yeah, that won't be like that on release. The theme is still under active development and changes, Justin's probably just missed that.
(2015-08-22, 08:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that won't be like that on release. The theme is still under active development and changes, Justin's probably just missed that.

cool. I'm just pointing out stuff I see so it's not missed. Toungue
I like this layout - I use it on all my themes Smile
Pages: 1 2 3