MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New look forum view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What’s a forum system without forums? In MyBB 2.0, the forum overview has received a minor facelift, and the commonly requested feature of showing the avatar of the last user to post a reply to a topic has been integrated into the core. The approach to the forum view is to offer a minimalistic approach to bringing your content to the forefront. It is for this reason that there is very little clutter or extraneous information presented – we want to bring what really matters straight to the attention of your users.

[Image: screen-shot-2015-04-13-at-23-31-20.png]

Additionally, this new forum view layout works far better on mobile devices as can be seen below.

[Image: fO4qZVw.png]

Providing feedback

The layout of the forum list doesn't have a great deal of scope for feedback given how little it has to do, but any feedback regarding the layout will be appreciated and taken into account.
What about moving the (presumably moderation) checkbox to the right to avoid mistake taps on the username above?
Would make sense to me, this is probably planned, but has been missed for now. The theme is still a work in progress.
I am rather saddened by the fact that no icons have been implemented to tell if its locked, stickied, new, hot, etc. Even font awesome icons would do the trick, I just feel it's rather unorganized at the moment and just a list of threads.
(2015-08-27, 05:56 PM)SolarCrane Wrote: [ -> ]I am rather saddened by the fact that no icons have been implemented to tell if its locked, stickied, new, hot, etc. Even font awesome icons would do the trick, I just feel it's rather unorganized at the moment and just a list of threads.

There are no icons in this screenshot because moderation was not yet implemented. There will be icons to show if a topic is locked or new. Stacked threads will be separated from normal threads.
I also noticed from the screenshot that the 'started date' is kind of useless, especially when it's positioned in the thead (I guess?) between the topic title and replies, even though it's listed below the thread title. it might look cleaner if 'started date' is removed entirely.
I believe it's sitting there just for the sorting capability, but I agree that it doesn't make any sense.
Yeah, it's there simply for sorting purposes. I'm sure it can be cleaned up slightly somehow.
Maybe its the screenshots being taken at different times, but I am baffled by the two views. In the "pc view" there is a last poster avatar and no thread starter avatar. No problem. In the second "phone view" there is a different avatar? Is that the thread starter avatar or the last post avatar?

The latest post in the "thead" has a caret? is that to indicate more searching options? If I click on last post will it sort or do a dropdown?
Yay for separated sticky threads, I'll can finally edit layout and position also of those Big Grin I.e. 3 sticky threads only at the top of the forumdisplay, with a pretty preview image and the title. For now I have to do that manually..

And I need started date and started username, please keep at least the code in php or a way to get them.

About the images, I very like this new look and above all finally avatars in core Big Grin Will be possible also add the avatar of the starter user?
Pages: 1 2 3 4