MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Field Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Profile fields in MyBB 2.0 have received a much needed update. Profile fields can be organised within groups, and can be a configured to use a variety of different input types. In addition, profile fields can also have validation rules to ensure only certain types of data can be entered by users. Some of the currently supported field types are:
  • Select – a drop down box of options from which a single value can be chosen.
  • Text – A simple textbox.
  • Email – A textbox allowing only valid email addresses.
  • URL – A textbox allowing only valid URLs.
  • Number – A numerical input box, with up/down arrows.
  • Text Area – A simple text area to input larger amounts of text.

All of these different input types will use semantic HTML5 input types, and we plan to add support for running the parser upon profile fields and using the rich text (WYSIWYG) editor.

[Image: screen-shot-2015-07-01-at-20-03-04.png]

[Image: screen-shot-2015-07-01-at-20-39-08.png]

[Image: screen-shot-2015-07-01-at-20-03-34.png]
PHOTO PREVIW IS DELETED?!
What do you mean by "photo preview"?
(2016-03-01, 08:36 AM)bivafadl Wrote: [ -> ]PHOTO PREVIW IS DELETED?!
No, WordPress is Blocked in Iran! and images are saved on wordpress, try with VPN to show images Wink
This looks absolutely lovely! I'm especially excited for the field groups as it is currently really hacky to split the custom fields up. The fact you can actually categorize them is going to be super helpful!
(2016-03-01, 11:16 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "photo preview"?

I think it refers... to the avatar  

Profile Field Enhancements  Cool
I like this improvement. Smile
Will it also be possible in future to set select-fields empty again?
And will the WYSIWYG-editor be an optional feature? I'm not very fond of WYSIWYG editors.
(2016-03-17, 08:26 AM)Amaryllion Wrote: [ -> ]Will it also be possible in future to set select-fields empty again?
afaik no ... but would be a useful enhancement I think ...
You'll be able to set them as empty if you set them up as being nullable in the ACP - same with all fields Smile
Sounds good, though it seems like 'one will be able, when this feature is implemented'?
Pages: 1 2 3